Pages

Followers

Monday 30 July 2018

Shopping!!!

There was a desperate need to refill the fridge so I have been out this morning stocking up on fruit and veg and meats.
The veg shop had some good prices on fruit....grapes, cherries and plums for £1 a large punnet, blueberries 2 punnets for £1 and peaches 3 for £1. I'll chop a load up into a box and we'll have it with some low fat greek yoghurt. Andy has been told by the doc to stop eating ice cream so he can have that instead.
Plenty of veg and salad stuff to keep us going for more than a week and meat to make tasty things to go with it.

Anyone who likes Yorkshire Tea....get yourselves down to B&M Bargains if you have one. They have massive bags of nearly 500 teabags for £9.99.
I couldn't carry one today but Andy is going to nip and fetch me one tomorrow.

Yesterday it rained all day so I had a very productive day in the sewing room and got three dresses cut out. One for Ruby with some fabric I already had in and two for Marlowe with the new fabric bought on Saturday. I don't know if I'll get time to sew today as I have the workers at home but at least I won't have to cook as there is gammon left from yesterday which we are all happy to have again today with yet more salad.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for the heads up on the Yorkshire tea, will head to my local B&M to see if any is in stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some but Andy said there weren't many left. He was going to B&Q so I asked him to call in for me.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Sadly we don't have a B&M but I have just let my daughters know about the teabags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to pass these things on isn't it?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Always read but haven't commented before. Just had to say got 480 Yorkshire teabags at Morrisons yesterday for £7! They had almost sold out so this was probably a limited supply at this price - they are usually £11 in the same shop.
    Vicki in East Yorkshire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Vicki
      Unfortunately I only go to Morrison's when I am in the big town so I missed out on that :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Went to see Mamma Mia with some of the draft group today-thank neavens it only cost £4.99 because that’s two hour of my life I’ll not get back. Then I went shopping for fruit and veg as well. Desperate to malke soup but DD is currently using our freezer, as a new red fridge was delivered instead of a black freezer and she had already bought copious amounts of food for batch cooking. Her other freezervlasted well as we bought it second hand for £30 just over 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no not Mama Mia. I really don't fancy watching that at all. Roz and Ruby have seen it and loved it but I'm passing on it.
      I shall be starting soup making soon ready for autumn. Hope you get your freezer back soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I shall know whose door to come a knocking on if I get peckish then Sheila! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-