Pages

Followers

Tuesday 3 July 2018

.......And On It Goes!!!

Plumber number four......declined the job as he is too busy. I am now awaiting a call from plumber number five.
Can this get any more ridiculous?

Our T***o is driving me nuts at the minute. They seem to be moving everything round and the store is constantly full of stock trolleys making navigation an absolute pain.
Last night I had to split my shopping list between them and A**a because there were so many things missing from the shelves.

Had a bit of a frustrating day with my sewing yesterday. My Singer Tradition doesn't seem to like jersey fabric at all. I am having to starch it to within an inch of it's life and to top it all my little iron blew a gasket and died on me.
I may go back to shoe making today when my few jobs are done.

More sunshine today although the breeze is much cooler so it's more bearable.

Have a happy day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. My little machine is a Singer Tradition, I have not tried knit fabric on it. The big Janome loves free motion quilting so much that it is a Little madam when I want to change it back. I now free motion small pieces on the Singer. I have a box full of random feet that I have picked up over the years. It means that I have a walking foot that fits it as well as the hopping foot. Plumbers and Plasterers are like diamond dust to get hold of. All of my nephews work in those trades because they are never out of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my little Singer Trad but it really doesn't love jersey. It seems to want to chew the beginning and end of the seams I am sewing. I have found though that the starching helps a lot. I do use it more than my Singer Heavy Duty because it has a much better range of stitches. Heavy boy comes out for quilting and heavier fabrics.
      I got a set of 30 feet from Amazon and it has some absolute corkers in it. The whole set cost £11 including postage although I did have to buy a separate walking foot.
      I really love sewing :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It's so difficult trying to get hold of plumbers here too. At least this one declined the job, rather than just not bothering to turn up (although that's not much help to you). I hope number five is more promising. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't have the balls to phone me back and tell me though Jules...he let the agency do that.
      Number five is booked so now we just have to see if he turns up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed for number five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's booked MM and everything is crossed that he shows up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Hope you have more success with plumber number 5 .Our Tes** has also changed things round just to confuse me �� I have nearly been run over by those online shopper trollies several times �� I do envy you having an As**',Nearest one to us is about 25 miles away. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris.
      I hate T***o at the best of times but it is our most convenient and if I can't get to the veg shop I do prefer their veg and salad to A**a's.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-