Pages

Followers

Monday 16 July 2018

Good Afternoon!!!

I hope you have all had a good weekend.
Mine has been both frustrating and productive. 
Frustrating that in the whole of a three floor, three bedroom house the dog doesn't want to be anywhere but in the middle of the floor in my sewing room making it very difficult for me to move around.
Productive in that I made a whole dress yesterday...zip, lined bodice and everything and it looks really good. I am amazed.
It is on the washing line at the moment but when it has been ironed I will take a photo.
Today I will start on two little tops for Marlowe. They won't take long at all as they are very simple.

A question for anyone who has an overlocker........
Where do you buy your large cones of thread at a reasonable price?
I am currently using Lidl thread. I don't like it and the colour range is very limited so I would love to find an alternative.

Having a break from salad today and making a spag bol for our evening meal as I have beef mince that could do with using up.
The freezers are starting to look a bit empty so I'll use up what we have and the plan a freezer shop sometime in the next week or two.

It has just started spitting with rain but it doesn't look like it will be much today.....in fact it has stopped already after lasting less than two minutes so that's not going to do the lawn much good.

Anyhoo....I am off to crank up the sewing machine and get these two tops done for me gorgeous girl.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your new creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going on the dress! Shame about Smudge, I guess he just likes your company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze.
      I think Smudge wanted to be near the back door which was open for the slight breeze that was blowing in.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yah....it's cupboard love Jackie....Mummy=food to that little fella....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I used to get mine from the Jewish shops on Cheetham Hill in Manchester! Lately I have bought them from Samuel Taylors but they are not cones just the large spools. They have shops in the North - Leeds, Skipton, Burnley and Brighouse or by mail order. (Not sure where you are located).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I've looked at Samuel Taylor but they don't seem to have an online shop.
      I never thought of using the large spools....that would make sense for colours I don't use a lot of or only need for a particular project.
      Great....I can get those from Derby Market.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. No rain here yet in the shire. Still very hot and humid so could really do with a break and really good thunder storm but doesn't look like one is going to arrive anytime soon.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-