Pages

Followers

Sunday 8 October 2017

Yesterday & Today!!!

Yesterday I was out all day.......Christmas shopping and I am chuffed to say that........apart from a pair of side bent tweezers and two bottles of glitter glue.......Ruby's is finished and just needs wrapping, bagging or boxing.....whichever I decide to do.
I know what Marlowe is having and I have seen other things to go with it to compliment it so as soon as I have replenished the coffers that will be bought and stashed away.
That will be the bulk of spending out of the way and then I just have five more people to buy for.
I have to say that I don't quite have the stamina for it that I used to....it completely shattered me and I am still tired today.........and so.......Andy has cooked the dinner. He and DD had lamb and I had mine meat free as I just wasn't in the mood to be gnawing on a great thick chop which Andy always brings when he goes to the butchers.
I have washed up and am trying to fight off a nanna nap by unboxing my very brand spanking new overlocker and trying to get to grips with the instructions.

Hope you have all had a happy weekend.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Your overlocker will fast become your best friend, I wouldn't be without mine. My Christmas shopping will be minimal as I am making most gifts again this year. Mostly quilts again as everyone seems to love them and can not have too many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until I have learned to use it properly. The only overlocking I have ever done was when I worked in a knitwear factory when I was about sixteen and then the machines were threaded and ready to go by the machine team and all I had to do was put my foot on the pedal and go.
      I have one handmade gift to make this year but for next year I will be looking at making more handmade things to give.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. You are good and organised with your Christmas shopping. I've only bought a few stocking fillers so far but probably need to start looking into it soon, as I like it all out of the way by the first week in December. I've cut back on a lot of gifts this year so I'm hoping it won't take me long.
    Enjoy your evening. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted it out of the way this year Jules. Last year felt and was so disorganised what with Andy's op and recovery.
      I'm cutting back a bit on the adults gifts this time and in fact one of the gifts is going to be handmade.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Good to get the Christmas shopping out the way before the madness begins.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how mad it already was Marlene.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Oh how exciting, you have your overlocker, I hope you have lots of fun with it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to get to grips with all that thread Cheryl....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. must admit i was licking the boxes of the overlockers in Lidl yesterday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very lickable Kate....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I am in awe of your overlocker but in time...Its such a nice feeling to get Christmas shopping done and dusted I hate having to shop for anything even food at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done very well, Sheila, beaten me to it by a couple of weeks at least! DD and I are going Chrissie shopping the first week in November. It will be exhausting but, hopefully, rewarding xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-