Pages

Followers

Sunday 22 October 2017

Saturday And Sunday!!!

Saturday.....quite a busy day.
Cooker fitted and working beautifully and it is so quiet compared to the old one which sounded like a helicopter when I used the fan oven.

A trip into town to do some top up shopping, buy a large bag of potatoes and pick up a few Halloween treats for Ruby's sleepover.
The living room will be decorated in time for Friday when she arrives.

Home then to get a pan of minced beef cooking ready for making pies and a quick tea of hot dogs before we settled down to watch some more Vikings.

Today I will be teaching DD how to make shortcrust pastry and putting the pies together. We are going to have one for our Sunday lunch as a change from a roast, the rest will go into the freezer and one will have a label on for The Doodles.
DDIL gave me a bag of apples on Friday so I will also make some spiced apple cakes today and freeze one for them to have when they get back from London.
I also have laundry on the go so it looks like today will be just as busy as yesterday.

Andy has just come back from picking up the papers and has bought me a huge treat of a Nigel Slater cookery book.
There was a voucher in our paper yesterday with a selection of books available from WH Smith for £5. RRP was £30 and it was on special offer for £7 and he paid £5 so not a bad saving at all. I would never ever pay £30 for a book.

Right.....I need to go and dig DD out of her pit and get on with this pastry.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Lucky you I love Nigel Slater, fantastic buy, let me know if its any good, which one was it? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Real Food Marlene. I don't think it's a very recent one but I haven't got any of his books so that is OK by me.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. I don't have that one, there is a Christmas Chronicles new one which I have put in my Christmas wish list x

      Delete
  2. I bought a real craft book from A****n which came the next day-me bad!! Love a real book but lately have been trying to resist Happy cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great bargain treat, so nice to have a treat now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new cooker and a Nigel Slater book (he's one of my favourite cooks, along with Rick Stein) - what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargain on the book. I find Nigel Slater so calming to watch.

    It's been a long time since I made pastry, I buy it ready made these days but it's definitely a good skill to be able to pull out of the bag.

    I will be decorating for Halloween next weekend and I also need to buy 2 pumpkins. Didn't think Amy and Thomas would be bothered this year but they are so I best pull my finger out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy weekend! Glad you got the new cooker and you like it. Hope you had fun teaching pastry making - a good skill for DD to learn. Good bargain on the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-