Pages

Followers

Tuesday 3 October 2017

What Are They?!!!

Andy likes to go a-wandering and at the weekend he wandered off to the nearest village that has an actual bank and also an antique shop.
We both have a bit of a 'thing' about old cutlery and kitchen paraphenalia and he picked these up.......


I think the fork on the right might be a pickle fork but I am not sure what the wider fork would have been used for and also not sure if the spoon is a jam spoon or a sugar spoon.
Whatever they are I love them and they were only 50p each.
I've told him to look out for some more as I think they will look gorgeous when we have the family get togethers....well once they have been cleaned up anyway.

This morning would have been lovely and peaceful if it hadn't been for the tree surgeons working on a very tall tree on the green in front of our house. I think the machine they had going was for chopping up branches as they lopped them off.
It all looks nice and neat now though. They have done a good job.

I have been pottering today and it's been lovely after a couple of days of extreme busyness.
Miss Doodle will be here in about an hour or so and I am looking forward to cuddles and kisses from my gorgeous girl. Then when we take her a home we'll have a quick visit with my other gorgeous girl before we nip to the supermarket.

There is a slight change to the menu tonight as I forgot to ask Andy to pick up some eggs this morning and I am completely out so I can't make the corn fritters.....corn on the cob it is then but Ruby won't mind.
Her tea probably won't even touch the sides tonight....it will be eaten very quickly so that she she can try the multicoloured candy floss that DD bought home for her from the Statutes Fair last night.
Gawd it makes my teeth ache just looking at it.

......and that is me for today.
I hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

18 comments:

  1. They look interesting. I like them but I wouldn't know what they are supposed to be used for.
    I'm glad you've got some peace and quiet now. There are roofers nearby with their radio on full blast so it's a bit noisy here today.
    Enjoy your evening with Ruby. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get something to clean them up a bit. I bet they will look even nicer.
      Hope the roofers are gone today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. After watching Bargain Hunt for ever I wonder if the thing on the left is a Stilton cheese scoop and the fork thing in the middle could be for cheese too. Think you are right about the pickle fork, had a stainless steel one like that once once

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I like the thought of a Stilton scoop. Andy always has Stilton at Christmas in a ceramic jar.
      The pickle fork wouldn't reach to the bottom of my massive jars but I'm thinking it would look really pretty if I served some in a glass dish.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. On the Tudor Rose antiques website, they have similar bone-handled stilton cheese scoops, some victorian. I have included their website. Their pictures look like yours.
    Dawn P.

    https://www.tudorroseantiques.co.uk/silver-glass-ceramics/silver-stilton-scoops-5-49/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that Dawn. I will go and have a look....I just hope I am not tempted to buy anything...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. They look lovely whatever they are and will look wonderful on the table for your family get together. Have a fun time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to using them at Christmas when they have been polished up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Oh I do like them, something a bit different, sounds like they've been identified for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them Cheryl.
      Things I never knew I needed until Andy bought them....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I agree with Sue that the matching spoon and fork are for soft cheese that needs scooped out. I would put these in a box frame and hang them on my dining room wall-but I'm a bit weird that way. Enjoy thr grandgirls. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird at Catriona....I love that idea very much.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I googled antique forks 3 prong and someone has said the middle is a bread fork, think the first one is what they call a stilton fork.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous...thanks Marlene.
      I am going to use the middle fork for a meat fork for cold meats I think.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Cheese scoops and forks...see I said you was posh! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posh....and all for the princely sum of £1.50....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. The one on the left could be a tea caddy spoon perhaps ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that.
      Mind you we don't use loose leaf tea now although we used to.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-