Pages

Followers

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Delivery Central!!!

Judging by the amount of parcels our poor postie had to drag to our door this morning I think I know what DD is up to when she goes up to bed at night....Christmas shopping online.
Five parcels for her and one for me.
The biggest delivery of the day has just arrived in the shape of my new cooker and that will be decorating the corner of the living room until the weekend when it gets installed.

Now that the fabric and pattern have arrived for my nightdress I need to have a shufty round and find somewhere for the overlocker to sit while I use the table to cut out my pattern and then cut out the fabric.
There is never enough room in here to do something without shifting something first.

I can't do anything at the moment as I am currently dealing with two massive cauliflowers that Andy picked up from the veg shop this morning. They are being turned into tubs of cauli in white sauce for the freezer. I know I am trying to empty them but you can't pass up massive caulis at 59p each and they won't be too long getting used up as it is one of our favourite side dishes.

So I will go and crack on with the making of the white sauce and then I am ready for a cuppa.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. I'm allegedly catching up with writing reports today for my voluntary groups but I'm even boring myself so now reading blogs-oops. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwwww no you don't want to do boring...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Impressive price for cauli I wouldn't have walked past them either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so big that I now have six tubs of cauli in white sauce ready as a side for any meal we fancy it with.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. £1 for a small cauli I noticed somewhere - didn't buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I wouldn't have done either Sue.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Success, success, success-yipee my virtual friend. The video was so clear and it took me about half an hour but I hope I will be able to do it from now on. Apparently, I have the Lidl's overlocker!! Xx Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Catriona so glad you got it sorted.
      Mine's a Lidl overlocker too. It must be a replacement for the one you have. My yellow threading is much easier on mine.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Will you be modelling said nightie on completion? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha....that will depend on what it looks like.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Cauliflower cheese is a side dish that goes with do much.This may sound odd but on the side of breaded cod!! As well as the classic sausage and mash and roast beef combos!! Do you make your own white sauce. Hows DD's cooking getting on? Bet she's mastered a fair bit by now. Just think what she has saved on a professional cookery course!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it with so many things Nat.....cottage pie, a homemade minced beef and onion pie and gravy and it is just so perfect with lamb....as long as there is plenty of mint sauce.
      Yes I make my own white sauce.
      Roz is coming along very nicely with her cooking...mostly Sunday dinners/weekend meals as she doesn't have much time in the week. This weekend I will be teaching her to make shortcrust pastry.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Those were bargain cauliflowers, well done Andy picking them up. We love cauliflower cheese here, a big favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we love cauliflower cheese too Cheryl.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Loads of parcels get delivered here as well Sheila - all of them for Mark and none of them for Christmas!

    Laughing at you saying every time you want to do something you have to move something else first. Same here.

    Just been catching up on your posts and the Christmas decoration you altered looks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the postie will be cursing us quite a bit over the coming weeks.

      I really wish we could afford to move to a house with better storage space. Our house was built for army personnel so no such luxury as proper storage for anything.

      Aww thanks Suzanne I really enjoyed altering it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-