Pages

Followers

Saturday 14 October 2017

Crafty Minx!!!

I am spending some time this weekend crafting but not neccessarily working on the calendars. I have to admit that I have seriously gone off them and am considering bagging them up as kits and sending them to the charity shop although I am not sure I really want to foist them on somebody else...lol.
So far I have completed the altering of the Poundland wall decoration and will shortly be starting on a gift each for the girls involving felt and metal buckets.
I was very excited to see that Poundland had the beer crates back in HERE but on close inspection every single one of the ones in stock at our Poundland was either broken or very badly made. Not a good base for an altering project so I am moving on to another idea which I will show and tell when it's done.

So just a pottering weekend here.
Andy has cleaned out the gigglies and I have given them a brush and tidy up. 
DD poddled off to Derby for a wander round and a haircut and also popped to Hobbycraft to pick up the last coupl of bits for Ruby's Christmas gifts.
She is now giving Smudge a haircut as he is badly overdue.
All in all a happy at home weekend.....no rushing and no big jobs......bliss!!!

Hope you are having just as good a weekend.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. I had to rootle through the whole stock to get 6 of the beer crates and even then DH pointed out one's a bit wonky!( just like myself) Have almost finished my charity sewing-we were away for a few days and I've lost my mojo. Foul weather here and awful weather in the Lakes Tuesday-Friday. Need to get a move on and get the sewing finished but first I'm going to watch Strictly on fast forward to avoid all the faffing. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pity about the crates as I loved the new colours of white and grey. I had an idea to use them for presenting Christmas gift....oh well on to idea number 2.
      Sorry you had bad weather for your days away.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Those beer crates look really useful. Shame they are all broken!

    Really rainy here - horrible. No walking outside today. I worked on my album, knitted and now just relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have picked some up but didn't want to have to mend them Sharon.

      Wet here today. I shall only be going across the yard to the tumble dryer.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what you next idea is, you sound very organised for Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying very hard to be organised Cheryl.
      Last year Andy was recovering from his cancer op and wasn't really quite with it so this year I want to make sure and have everything done before he breaks up from work so that we can go out and about together without having to worry about doing any shopping.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to hearing about your next project. Shame about the calendars but if your heart isn't in them it makes it hard going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will show and tell as soon as it is done MM....just need to find some reindeer moss from somewhere so I may have to take a trip to Hobbycraft one evening this week.
      I really wasn't feeling it with those calendars.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-