Pages

Followers

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Have Fabric Cut....Will Sew!!!

Feeling very virtuous today having cut out the beginnings of eleven shoe bags yesterday which got rid of a bit of fabric stash that wasn't suitable for quilting.
Today I will sew them all together using a white top thread and whatever I have on bobbins for the bottom....it isn't going to show so it won't matter much.
Once sewn the drawstrings will be made using ribbon from my stash left from my cardmaking days.
I am liking this stash busting very much 😀

A fairly easy day on the cooking front as I put a lamb stew on to cook yesterday. It has rested in the fridge overnight so should taste very nice. I'll serve it with some new potatoes and steamed cabbage which means we will only use half of it and the other half can go in the freezer for next week.

I'm sure Ruby won't be missing her old Ganma today. She is having a day out with Daddy at Thorpe Park.
If the weather there is anything like here (bright and sunny) she will hopefully have a lovely day.

Okey dokey.....one load of laundry to fold and another ready to go in the dryer and then I can get on with me sewing.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

3 comments:

  1. Busy woman! I've been glittering stars and have so far hoovered the kitchen twice! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great stash buster on many levels I found. I intend to make some shoppers to use as gift bags for birthday gifts to use up some more fabric. Like the sound of the lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bringing back memories of sewing gift bags last year...there will be precious little to put in them this year! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-