Pages

Followers

Monday 16 October 2017

Hoping For A Crafty Week!!!

Well....that was a 'blink and you miss it' kind of weekend wasn't it?
It seemed like no sooner had we had our Sunday lunch than it was time for bed and here we are back at Monday.
Up early this morning and I am already on laundry load number three. Unfortunately no line drying today as it's very mizzly outside and it looks like the clouds might be chucking something a bit heavier down on us sometime during the day.

Andy is on an afternoon shift this week so I am feeding him an early lunch. My kitchen currently smells disgusting as I am cooking some spare ribs he bought from the butchers ready marinaded and they stink of Chinese five spice powder which I just cannot abide.
Once I have washed up and seen him off I shall have some time to crack on with some crafting until it's time to make the Cheats Chicken Parmegianna that DD and I are having for our evening meal. Cheats because I am using some battered chicken breast steaks instead of fresh chicken to get them used up out of the freezer.
Talking of cooking......the cooker has finally blown a gasket and we are now limited to the main oven and two rings. DD soldiered on very bravely yesterday and produced a beautiful Sunday lunch but it has got to go.
We are not really at the stage where we can start any kitchen renovations so the range cooker has been put on the back boiler and this will be arriving at The Mansion sometime on Wednesday...........


........and moving swiftly on.....lol.

Remember this from Poundland........


Loved the decoration but just not that Merry X-mas so I took these..........


........and turned it into this.........


I like it much better now.

If you want to alter your own I would advise filling in the lettering with wood filler before you add any paper......and any questions.....just let me know.

There is stuff cut out to make the gifts for the girls so I am going to sit and do some hand sewing this afternoon with something on catch up on the computer. I have not done that for so long so if the dog behaves himself it should be a blissful afternoon.

Hope you have a gorgeous day doing what you want to do.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the decoration. It looks far better than the X-mas abbreviation. Enjoy the rest of your day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. I do like the altered version much better.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Impressive alteration, it looks amazing. Hope you manage to get some of your sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MM.
      Got a bit sidetracked from the sewing but it's all good....and it will get done this week.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Snap I have a cooker like that, which we had new when we moved here, a lovely cooker. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our last cooker was a New World which was possibly the worst cooker I have ever had. This one is Zanussi so I am hoping for good things.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I always wanted a range cooker, but it wasn't meant to be. Never mind.
    Love what you did with the Christmas decoration. You make it sound so easy.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope to get my range cooker eventually but this time there was just too much needed doing to make space for one.

      The decoration was fairly easy to do Joan and I like it much better now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Awww...that's a pretty decoration now....fit for a posh place! A new cooker...whizzy wheee! Exciting times...and woe betide the person to make the first mess in the oven! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gawd Jackie....if you could see my house....and smell it after the dog has had a farting fit....you would know that we ain't very posh here...lol.

      I'm sure I will be the first person to make the mess in the oven....but then I do clean up after myself unlike other people in this house.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I bought that same gesso in The works last week to alter the beercrates. I've only recently discovered the benefits of using gesso befor acrylic paint-revelation! Had a hectic and enjoyable sewin day with friends today but as usual there was more chat and eating than there was sewing. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would never be without me pot of gesso Catriona. I just love the stuff.

      I wish I had friends that sew...or did any kind of crafting. I'd love a day like that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Wonderful transformation. I really like the change you made. I hope you get lots of crafting time in this week. I know I'm going to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon.

      Does thinking about crafting count? I didn't get much sewing done...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Lovely job on the decoration, it is amazing what a little time and thought can achieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam....I am really pleased with it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-