Pages

Followers

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Just What I Need!!!

I don't know where it has come from but I have woken up this morning with a bad case of the sniffles and a head that feels like it's full of cotton wool and aches like the devil.
Well it can just bu**er off. I don't want it.
Now Andy has gone to work I think I will go and run myself a hot bath and have a soak to see if that will make me feel better.

We were very lucky here in our part of the Midlands to escape the attentions of Ophelia. Just some very odd looking skies yesterday and a bit of wind towards the later part of the evening and nothing damaged as far as we can see.
Today we have blue skies, sunshine and a good stiff wind....ideal for drying but no laundry to do.

No cooking as such today. DD and I are immersed in a new box set called Vikings. It's brilliant so tonight we will be watching it while we have toasted three cheese bloomer with beans and a cup of tea.

Last week I bought myself a couple of new nightdresses and I am not very pleased that what started out as nice below the knee and comfortable after washing they are now twisted and only just inches south of indecent. I have decided to make my own and have found a lovely simple pattern and some gorgeous fabric which should be here tomorrow. I have also ordered a pattern for Marlowe to make her some new dresses. Not a baby any more....I had to order toddler size 😕
I will pick up some suitable fabrics for her when I go to The Rag Markets at the end of next month.....DD is taking me as my Christmas present with spending money and I know I'll be able to find lots of lovely fabrics for very little money.

.......and now I am off to wash Andy's lunch pots and then go and run myself that bath.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. My daughter loves PJs and over the last few years we have had exactly the same problem - shrinking! I can dress make and I think I'm going to do exactly the same thing, make some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clothes just ain't what they used to be are they?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I tend to wear pjs as I like my nighties to be long and I just can’t seem to find any long enough. Haven’t heard of The Vikings, may have to check it out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pjs for sitting watching tv but I can't wear them in bed as they make my legs too hot so I prefer a mid calf nightie.

      Vikings is brilliant although very bloodthirsty and I am having to watch parts of it through my fingers...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I find that using a clothes dryer set on warm minimizes shrinkage when using one. Of course line drying doesn't shrink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually choose the warm setting for things like t shirts and agree that it does minimise shrinkage. I'm thinking I may have inadvertantly left it on hot after drying some towels.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Sheila-can you help me with the overlocker threading? I can get everone but the last orange thread. I've read the book and watched the video but can't see where the very last bit of the thread has to go!! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catriona give me the name and model number of your overlocker and I will try to help.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. I think it's the same one as your Sheila but here goes: Singer 14SH754. 2/3/4 thread overlocker. We are bamboozled as to where the No 2 thread (yellow track on the instuctions) ends up.It's the bit where it disppears under the sole plate that we can't get. The engineer is both furious and curious as to why we can't do it. Wish we lived nearer-you could be in our wee group of crafters. Catriona

      Delete
    3. Just going to have a quick look online to check as my machine has a different number but I do think they thread up the same. I will also take some pics of mine for you to show you where thread goes.
      Back as soon as I can be.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4c80OshDHY

      Try this video Catriona.
      My threading is very different to yours where it goes under the plate so it would be no use me taking pics of mine to show you.
      Hope this one helps.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    5. Forgot to say that yellow threading starts at 11 mins 56 seconds -x-

      Delete
    6. Thanks, Sheila. I'll let you know how I get on. X

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha....honestly you crack me up Mrs.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. How time has flown it doesn't seem five minutes since Marlowe was born. Glad to hear that Ophelia didn't cause to many problems near you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-