Pages

Followers

Friday 20 October 2017

Thursday And Friday!!!

Sorry there was no post yesterday but I was determined to get all this stuff sorted and shifted in the dining room.
I didn't finish completely but at least the overlocker has a resting place while I am using the table for other things.
There were one or two scary moments when I couldn't find anywhere to store some fabric but I squished and squashed and managed to fit it in to my already bursting drawers.
I think there may have to be some serious sewing soon to reduce what I have before I can buy any more.....I have just over a month before I go to Birmingham....arrrrrrgh.

Today I am cleaning through ready for me Ruby who is visiting tonight after school. She didn't come on Wednesday as there were transport problems.
As usual tea will be something I am sure Ruby will eat so it's chicken and spinach wraps with corn on the cob.....nice and easy = less time in the kitchen and more time for cuddles.
We're hoping to spend half an hour or so with Marlowe when we drop Ruby off tonight as we won't see either of them for a week. They are away until next Friday but then Ruby will come to us for a couple of nights. 
I need to plan a sleepover theme.....probably Halloween with films to match.....more than likely Hocus Pocus and the Transylvania films for 1,000th time....lol.

Tomorrow the cooker will be fitted and I will be trying that out baking some pies to use some of the minced beef I have in the freezer. All but one pie will have to go back in the freezer but at least they will be there for when I can't be bothered to cook from scratch.

So.....here comes the weekend.
Have you got anything exciting planned.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like me trying to squish things to fit somewhere! Glad you managed it. Have a lovely visit with Ruby. I'm off out for an early walk, doing our washing and hopefully some crafting. Hope this weekend is drier than last weekend so we can get out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what we are in for today weatherwise. Looks like it could go either way.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I hope you plan to dress up for Halloween?! I love it...the fun bits not the scary! Have fun with your little dumplings...I shall think of you cooking up a storm as I sand and paint my wall!! Huggies x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha.....I don't need a costume...I'm quite scary enough.
      Hope you are feeling better.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you have a lovely evening to look forward to and I do like your idea for a sleep over theme next week. I must think of something to do with Lily. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We quite often do a theme for Ruby's sleepovers. It really does make it a lot of fun.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I am counting down the days until I see our little ones again. Have a great time with Ruby, love the idea of a themed sleepover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you cope now you live so far away from your little ones. I couldn't bear not to be able to see Ruby and Marlowe every week. Sometimes I only see Ruby for a couple of hours on a Wednesday and Marlowe for half an hour or so when we drop Ruby home.
      You will have such a wonderful time though catching up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Won’t it be lovely to do some baking in your new oven. Have lots of lovely cuddles with the girls xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting it through it's paces Cheryl and so far so good.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I empathise with you on the squishing and squeezing to get fabric put away, and as for tidying... I spent over an hour last night clearing the decks. Well worth it though as all my backing squares are cut for the Dresden blocks, I just need to get my glue stick out to secure all those points, pins just don't cut it on these blocks. A new oven, so tempting but of course you have to try it out after all no 2 cook the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to have a good cutting out session and have a pile of stuff ready to sew.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-