Pages

Followers

Monday 1 April 2019

All Over The Place!!!

Well....that has been a very busy few days I must say.

Friday Miss Marlowe was here until late afternoon and we had a wonderful time together....playing at the park in beautiful warm sunshine, a carpet picnic for lunch and then playing with dolls until it was time for her to go home.
I hope we get to do it again soon.

Saturday Andy, DD and I went off to Supermarket Surplus at Market Drayton to see if we could find a sofa and chairs to replace the Ikea furniture we have which is just not working for us. Luckily we visited when they had a Mother's Day sale on. The list price for the sofa we chose was £1,000 and we got it for £399 and the chairs were an absolute steal too.
It will be delivered on Thursday morning and in the meantime I am looking for a charity to donate our current sofa and chairs to who could possibly collect it as we have no way of delivering it anywhere.

Sunday we picked Ruby up to take her shopping for flowers for her Mummy. We had lunch at home cooked by Andy and then we were out again to The Doodle House for coffee and cake.

This morning Andy and I have been out sorting stuff out at the bank and doing a little shopping. We have just got home and I am having five minutes with a cup of coffee before I get myself into gear and get a bit of housework done and then I'll come back this afternoon and catch up with all of your blogs to see what you have been up to over the weekend.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Howdy stranger! I have been unable to leave comments for a while again on my iPad...sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Here I am today on my laptop after discovering that on this contraption the world is my oyster so to speak! Lucky you getting mortgage free...must be bliss. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there....lovely to see you about again.
      Yes it's so lovely to have got rid of the mortgage at last.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had a busy time hope you got to enjoy your cup of tea with your feet up for five minutes.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was going to meet myself coming back at one point...lol.
      There was a little more than five minutes snuck in for a break yesterday :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Cancer research are usually quite good at collection. Sounds like you have had a fun but busy time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in touch with a local hospice who have a furniture warehouse so I am hoping that they can collect it.
      Busy but ;ots of fun for sure:)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. That's a great deal on the sofa. I hope it works better for you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be like sitting on a cloud after the Ikea sofa...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Hi Sheila our local hospice has a collection service for furniture and i'm pretty sure the red cross do too - hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Tanya. I am in touch with our local hospice now and hope they will want to collect it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. That is a great bargain on the sofa. British Heart Foundation will collect here, if the furniture still has tags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we were well chuffed as we are not usually lucky enough to get such bargains Lyssa.
      I think our local hospice may be taking the furniture.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. That furniture sounds like a bargain! The British Heart Foundation (as Lyssa mentioned) and Banardos are both great for collecting and usually come within the week.It might also be worth contacting your local housing association (the council should be able to give you details), ours redistribute furniture to needy families. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh poop....I didn't know that Barnado's collected and we have a big one in the little town. Oh well if it doesn't work out with the hospice I shall try them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-