Pages

Followers

Thursday 28 March 2019

Playing At Grown Up's!!!

It's not very often I get to do any shopping without having someone in tow but yesterday Andy had some business in the big town so I got him to drop me off at Morrison's with plans to meet back there when he was done.
I had a fabulous wander round and did a small top up shop and then put my trolley in a locker and took myself off to the cafe for a coffee while I waited for Andy.
It was sheer bliss and I felt very grown up.....lol.

The afternoon was spent getting ready for a visit from Ruby. Chicken pie was requested and luckily I had one I made earlier in the freezer so just had to prepare veg and make some gravy.
Today I am getting ready for a visit from Marlowe who is coming to me tomorrow morning while DDIL works from home. Jelly has been requested so I will make that today to make sure it is set for her lunch.
If the weather is good we will go to the little park for her to have a run about but if not we will stay in and play with Play Dough and dolls and maybe watch a film.
I was absolutely thrilled that she has asked to come to sleep at Ganma's house so we are going to sort out a night when DS and DDIL can make the most of a night without the girls to see to. We'll just try one night to start off with to see how it goes and take it from there.

My hands are so cold that I am going to make myself a hot drink to wrap them round before I do anything else.

I hope the sun is shining for you today.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. The sun is shining it,s heart out in South Wales. I did manage a little while outside while Herbie played with his toy. Then he decided that he really had to jump up at my Damson tree to do a bit of pruning. So in we came. I have caught up on most of my neglected chores and dinner is simmering on the hob. time for a cuppa indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful here on the in the north east. Sunshine, blues sky and a line full of laundry
    We know how to live :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the weather will cooperate so you can go to the park. My hands were really cold the other day - I couldn't get them warm no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the weather is good, sadly it is raining cats and dogs here. What fun to have a sleepover with Marlowe. I am counting down the days until Bertie and Honey arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My granddaughter, now 14, no longer asks for sleep-overs. I used to love that and miss it now she's older. The 8 year old has always been a home bird and though she is happy for me to visit her and stay over at her house, she objects to being 'made' to sleep over on the rare occasions that she has to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-