Pages

Followers

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Whirlwind!!!

.....and that is just what I feel like today.
I am swooping around the house and getting jobs done left, right and centre and it feels really good to be in the mood to do them.
It's a lovely day out and to be honest I would rather be in the garden but I need to get the house in order so that I can be out there and not feeling guilty that I still have jobs that need doing inside.
I will go out and get some fresh air later as I need to go and do a top up shop. I did ask Andy to pick up a couple of things this morning which would have saved me going out but he forgot to take his wallet out with him and only had a bit of change in his pocket.

Lamb casserole for tea tonight which is done so I only have to do a small pan of mash to go with it as that is what DD asked for. Last night we had salad with cold meat and it was absolutely delicious so I think it's just about time to ditch all the soups and casseroles....as lovely as they are....and bring back the salads full time. I never get tired of them.
I might cook up a couple of casserole meals to keep in the freezer for pulling out if we have a really cold day or two but I am looking forward to simpler meals for a while.

Right....a couple more jobs to finish before DD gets home so I'll go and get those done so that I can have a guilt free sofa session after we get back from shopping.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I like days when I'm in the mood to dash around accompolishing various jobs, unfortunately they have been few and far between here. I'm hoping this will change now I'm feeling brighter, as I really need to make a start on some spring cleaning. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love days like that too Jules and it's so good to be back into the swing of things.
      I'm so glad that you are feeling brighter.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I haven't had a lamb casserole for a long time. Thank you for the inspiration, though I may do scouse instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what scouse is Lyssa but if it's as good as the lamb casserole was you'll be in for a treat.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I wish I had some of your energy, Sheila! The lamb casserole sounds good....but so do salads - and that's something I never thought I'd ever say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have some energy back. It seems to have been gone for a long time.
      I'd eat salad everyday all year long but sometimes you just need something hot and rib sticking when it's cold and miserable don't you?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I have just finished my second day of rushing around. I did sit down to eat but was straight back on my feet. I am working to a self imposed time frame, it is the only way to get it done for me. I am happily on my btm now and intend to stay there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've run out of steam today and will be pottering instead of swooping...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Glad you are back on form and getting everything done. The weather is still a little changeable here so we are only on the occasional salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am getting there thankfully.
      We've had a few dry days with some hazy sunshine but it is still very cold.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-