Pages

Followers

Tuesday 5 March 2019

A Morning In The Kitchen!!!

There are chicken breasts marinating in yoghurt and tandoori spices in the fridge ready for tea, a bread and butter pudding requested by Andy is just about to go into the oven and a mound of onions have been chopped ready for the pan of minced beef and onions I want to cook for the freezer and all of the washing up is done.
Time now for a break and a cuppa then round two will be some spicy potatoes prepared for tea, Yorkshire puddings to make in advance for Ruby's tea tomorrow and the veg also prepped ready as we only have a short time with her on a Wednesday.

First thing this morning I was down at the surgery for a blood test. I am dreading the results next week as there has been a little too much comfort eating going on. It has now been knocked on the head but not in time to have a lot of impact.
I know I have put a little bit of weight back on but I'm getting back on track with that. Even so I am dreading the scales next Wednesday.

Tickets have been ordered for the quilt show next month and I am spending some pleasant time going through the traders websites to see what kind of things they will have on their stalls. All very exciting.

Gorgeous blue skies and sunshine today but there are also some very ominous looking clouds scudding about so I have not risked putting anything out on the line. With my luck it would rain before I had finished pegging out.

Are you having a lovely day today?
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. The quilting show sounds like it will be fun - something to look forward to. I know I've put on a little weight over the winter. I haven't been out walking as much. I miss it. I am hoping that once (if) spring arrives I'll be able to get out, walk and not feel the slightest bit guilty for doing it lol.

    Sounds like you've got a busy couple of days. Hope you get some fun time in too - if your mojo has returned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great last year Sharon so I am really looking forward to it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is a beautiful day and we have been working outside on the outbuildings. Slow going but at least we have made a start. The quilt show sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As is usual at this time of year it soon changed and we had rain.
      I'm glad you got some good weather for working on your outbuildings.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. You are a busy lady I got tired just reading the blog. Keep on keeping on is what I say.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to be busy Carla....it stops me from getting into mischief...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-