Pages

Followers

Wednesday 13 March 2019

A Good Day!!!

More sewing done yesterday but I didn't quite finish all of the aprons as I was quite cold just sitting so I found something more energetic to do to get warmed up.
The highlight of my day was spotting another unusual bird visiting the garden. Looking it up in the bird book I was surprised to discover that it was a Great Spotted Woodpecker. Even though we live near woodlands I have never seen one before although I have heard them.
What an absolute beauty it was. I hope it comes back.

Wednesday means a visit from me Ruby so I am just about to have a tidy up and prepare tea....savoury mince with mashed potatoes and veg. I think it's forest school today so I expect she will be cold when she comes in.
There is a lovely new pair of slippers for her tootsies if they are cold and I have fetched one of my t shirts down to put on the radiator for her to get cosy in.

The visit to the doctor this morning for the results of my blood test wasn't too horrendous....weight only up by less than a kilo....I thought it would be more so that was good. Blood sugars had gone up so I need to get those down again...pronto....and blood pressure was fine.
The nurse and the doctor both know me well and were both concerned by my low mood. I was offered medication but declined as I am sure there will be some light at the end of the tunnel soon. If not I can always go back.
Four months until my next test so I will be working hard on the problem areas until then.

Right....I shall go and get ready for my gorgeous girl. Can't wait to see her.
Hope you are having a great day.
Sheila-x-

18 comments:

  1. Good luck with the bloods, mine are up as well. Sounds like I had same discussion with nurse at my surgery, but I gave in re the medication and have booked myself into a low mood course.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a slog trying to keep on an even keel sometimes isn't it?
      I hope your course helps.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I hope to sew later but have been a good little housewife today. just about to get the last load of washing in and (fingers crossed) get it all ironed before the SO comes home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be a good little housewife today and have a good clean up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I hope your evening with Ruby helps lift your spirits a little. It's turned very chilly here too, so I've turned on the heating, then the house will be cosy when we return from the school run. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely evening as it always is with my little Miss Doodle.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. How lucky to see a woodpecker, I have never seen one, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was stunned by how beautiful it was Marlene.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Have a lovely evening with Ruby!
    I love bird watching, I spotted a woodpecker in our garden last year and Jon didn't believe me until a neighbour posted a photo of it on Facebook! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving bird watching and have my book right by my side in case I see something unusual.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. My blood sugar was also up a little a couple of weeks ago and I had to have a follow up test this morning, so fingers crossed for that.

    My GP in Wales wanted to put me on anti-depressants due to my low mood after a visit to the MS Nurse, but I declined as due to my conditions I get fed-up, but never depressed. I do know the difference due to someone very close to me having real depression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never usually as low as I have been this last few months Joan. Like you I do get fed up what with one thing and another but this has been completely different. I want to get through it without medication though.
      I hope your blood test is good.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I have a book of British Birds and it really amazes me how many there are! Maybe you could print off a chart for your Ruby and mark them when you see them in the garden and out and about! There could be a prize at the end! Maybe this may help your mood a little. I hope you don't mind my suggestion. I am no expert but do suffer with mild depression and anxiety. I have even seen pink children's binoculars!! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby is showing a great interest in spotting birds Nat so that is a fabulous idea. I will have to look out for some pink binoculars as she would love those.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. I love your birds also but live on the other side of the pond so ours have different names, different colors but I find that many of them are similar. I love your robins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robins are my most favourite birds Susan but if I could wish for a particular bird it would be a red cardinal which we don't get here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. What a joy to see the woodpecker, something that I have never seen. Hope Ruby lifts your spirit a little. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a joy MM having never seen one and I was so glad to have my book to be able to identify it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-