Pages

Followers

Sunday 10 March 2019

Too Late!!!

I was up at the ungodly hour of 5am and it was thrashing it down with rain.
I spent an hour on the computer and then went and had a sit down on the sofa and by the time I got up again and looked out of the window it had snowed very heavily although it hadn't covered everything.
Too little and way too blummin' late. The rain is back and has washed it all away so it can stay away now.

The meat is in the oven for our Sunday lunch. It smells amazing and all I have to do is make some batter for the Yorkies.
Andy is out getting the papers and DD is having a tidy up in her room ready for the man who is coming to measure up for her new window tomorrow. He will also let us know if we will have to have scaffolding to get the job done. I will not be looking forward to that if we do.
Not sure what I will be doing for the rest of the day apart from making a start on the laundry.....a boring job at any time but I can't wait for some sunny and breezy days so that I can hang it out rather than drying it in the tumble dryer.

Hope you are having a good weekend.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. No snow about here, gale force winds, a day to be inside for sure, enjoy your Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a day for being inside....it was so cold.
      Hope you had a good weekend too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It's grey and miserable here so I have been making cards this morning. We have a nice piece of pork for tea... with Yorkshire puds of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely foul weather.
      I miss making cards after so many years of that being my hobby/business.
      We had beef and I think I must have a touch of Yorkshire in me as my puds were awesome yesterday.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We’ve had the usual four seasons in a day this morning so staying in. I’m rearranging some things on my shelf/ cabinet with a view to rehoming some of it elsewhere. Quilt Shiw was good bur fairly quiet which is not so good for the traders. I bought a pattern for a wrap to use up some tweedish material I have and that was all. We took sandwiches and bought coffee which was a blessing when you saw the size of the queues and quality of food on offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain, snow, hail and strong winds made for quite a wild day.
      Was the show you went to the one that goes to Birmingham?
      We'll be taking our own food this year as what we had last year was disgusting.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. We've had a bit of snow in Nottinghamshire but now it's very sunny with high winds and it's freezing cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get sun in Staffordshire but we have it this morning. Bitterly cold though so garden work is on hold.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Blowing a gale here but the sun is out. My Sister-in-law in N. Ireland has also had the snow along with strong winds. She told my husband that the wind was blowing the snow horizontally, making it difficult to see. I can definitely do without that.

    This afternoon I am carrying on knitting a dress for our youngest grand-daughter. My daughter asked if I could copy a bought knitted dress of g.d's. as she liked the flare of the skirt. I'm now on the sleeves. We'll see what it's like when it's finished. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to see the snow as it was falling which is my favourite part.
      I so envy you being able to knit.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-