Pages

Followers

Monday 4 March 2019

Another Weekend Ticked Off!!!....And For Eloise.

DD and I chose our time well to visit the garden centre on Saturday morning and were able to walk round in bright sunshine looking at all of the beautiful plants although we didn't buy any just yet as the garden isn't ready.
We arrived home just as the sky turned black and it began to rain.

Sunday was just a sort of laid back day for Andy and I....out for lunch and then back to read the papers and start on the laundry.
Not a nice day weatherwise and the wind last night was very scary indeed.

As DD was at work yesterday she is off today so we have been into town for essentials. We hit the jackpot with the sunshine again and were able to sit out and have a coffee. Now we are back home it has done exactly the same as Saturday and started raining.

I wasn't in the mood for sewing over the weekend. I don't know what is the matter with me just lately. The machine is there all set up but it just wasn't calling to me.

Just a simple 'breakfast for tea' for our evening meal today as it is just what we fancy and I'm going to be in the kitchen for the next couple of days cooking meals to put in the freezer anyway so I thought I'd give myself an easy day.

Eloise has asked about the Hash Jackets........

Cooked baking potatoes....I turn them up to crisp the skins up so that they make nice containers for the filling.

Saute some chopped onions in butter until they are golden brown and then add a teaspoon or so each of English mustard and horseradish sauce.
Scoop the middles from the potatoes into a bowl and mash them a little then add the onion mixture.
Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if required.
Cube a tin of corned beef and add to the potatoes and mix well without breaking the meat up too much.
Divide the mixture between the potato skins and place on a baking tray Place in a hot oven until tops are brown and crispy.
These freeze well so I sometimes make a big batch so that we have some for another meal.
Serve with salad.
Pickled beetroot goes especially well with them.
I hope you enjoy them if you try them.

Well I am ready for my afternoon cuppa so the kettle is going on now.

Hope you are having a lovely day today.
Sheila-x-


5 comments:

  1. Thanks Sheila, those hash jackets sound lovely. I can't be doing with my crochet lately either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hash jackets really do sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what we will be eating soon, possibly Wednesday. A combination of crisp jacket potato skin and hash is surely a marriage made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wind was scary last night!
    My enthusiasm for sewing comes and goes. I've spent five hours today mending things and I've lost the will to live!
    Still excited about Sewing Bee! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound nice. Something maybe hubby and son would enjoy. I know what you mean about having trouble getting motivated or in the mood to craft. I have good intentions, but not a lot else lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-