Pages

Followers

Tuesday 12 March 2019

Sewing Accomplished!!!

So chuffed to have actually sat down at the sewing machine yesterday.
I now have two finished aprons, two more part done that just need the ties adding and one in the wings waiting to be done.
It's a filthy day outside and not fit to go out so I will probably finish them all and then I want to make myself a peg apron ready for when I can hang washing out. I'm not a fan of peg bags since I put my hand in one and a huge spider crawled up my arm. The apron will stay inside and hopefully we won't be having that happening again.

I am so disappointed that I have still had no little visitors to the window bird feeder. The garden is full of birds nearly all day so I don't know why they haven't noticed it.

I wish I had planned on something a little more warming than salad for our tea today. Poor old DD will be out in this awful rain and will be chilled to the bone when she gets in. Still....I'll get her comfies down and put them on the radiator for her to change into and she should be OK.

I'm looking forward to watching Sewing Bee on the tv tonight instead of having to wait and watch it on catch up afterwards. It sounds like it's going to be fun.

Well I hope you are all managing to keep dry and warm today.
Have a good day.
Sheila-x-


8 comments:

  1. I recently somewhere that you would enjoy, the Rag Market in Birmingham, great place lots to look at. I’m a knitter not much of a sewer but still love it in there. Having a lovely ,at home’ day today,baking and making cottage pie for tea. Brummie Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Birmingham Rag Market Sue. I don't go often but I make the most of the bargains when I do.
      Your day sounds lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It is raining cats and dogs here, and cold into the bargain. I had to go for an eye test this morning and all the idiots are out and about. No lights on, speeding and so on. Never mind I am back in one piece, many pounds lighter in the pocket. Sewing is postponed for the day after all the lights in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those lights in your eyes are brutal aren't they Pam? I always end up with a headache.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Its blowing a gale here and sadly Gerard had a hospital appointment so we had to go out. You could always add some soup to the salad menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go out this morning and that wind was scary...especially driving along the A50. Glad to be home now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you've got your mojo back, Sheila! @cos it's so filthy outside I've blitzed my mending pile and I'm now sewing myself a dress, I'm making it up as I go along using up bits and pieces from my stash. Can't wait till tonight's Sewing Bee! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there's a little bit of mojo there Vix....thank goodness.
      Hope we get to see the dress when it's finished.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-