Pages

Followers

Wednesday 17 April 2019

A Long Post!!!

Today I am sharing the gorgeous purchases I made at the quilt show.

Three gorgeous magazines for £10 all complete with their pattern sheets

I've never done embroidery and would like to give it a go so I am now armed with these three books of my favourite style.

Bag patterns.....as if I don't have loads already but I loved the style of these when I saw them made up on the stall.

This will be a wall hanging for the landing upstairs I think.

Another wall hanging panel but I have different plans for this. I already have a two metre length of fabric from this line which I will use to make bags and the four small designs will be used as pockets on the fronts.

A pack of fat eighths....Down By The Veggie Patch by Anni Downs. Not too sure what I will make with this but I have ideas.

Fat quarters to make embroidered labels for anything I give as gifts.

Fat quarters for stash......I couldn't resist.

Half metres for stash.

Bargain fabrics for stash.

Chosen by Ruby for new aprons for herself and Marlowe.

A kit to make a Christmas wall hanging which includes everything except the backing fabric and the wadding.

My DMC thread chart was old and battered beyond belief so I have replaced it with a new one which includes all the new colours. The little cross stitch kit is for Ruby to have a go at.

I want to have a dabble at cross stitch again and this book has some beautiful small designs which hopefully it won't kill my eyes to do.
.....and that is it. No damage to my bank account as it was all bought with money I had for Mother's Day and my birthday.
There were a couple of things on my wish list which I forgot to even look for but one of them....a light box.....should be delivered this week and all I need to do now is find a page magnifier for the cross stitch charts.

Even with all this stuff there will be no crafting done today as I have some catching up to do after a lazy Monday....well ti was my birthday...lol....and a day out yesterday looking after Ruby and Marlowe at The Doodle House.

I hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

17 comments:

  1. A belated happy birthday, Sheila! My birthday was on Monday too, though I'm older than you - 64!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated Happy Birthday to you too Joan.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday Greetings! Sounds like you had a lovely day out! Best Wishes to you from Nanny Anny in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanny Anny.
      I did have a lovely day out.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Some gorgeous fabrics there, Sheila. You're going to be kept very busy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is Jules....I just don't know where to start.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. That'll keep you out of trouble for months! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, you had a lovely time at the quilt show! I can't sew, ( I knit and make cards) but I love fabrics and have often bought bits at craft shows, with my friend looking at me saying,'but you don't sew!' I particularly like Ruby's choice of fabric. Can't wait to see some of your finished items :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to see so much fabric all in one place Ann.
      I used to make cards and still have a box of bits if the bug should ever bite me again but knitting.......oh no....me and wool and pointy sticks just do not get on at all....lol.
      I'll be sure to share when I make anything.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Well you certainly had loads of fun and much more to come using all the loveliness.
    If you would like to see some simple beautiful embroidery have a look at Jenny of Elefantz blog, her work is so pretty and easy ...have fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....I can't wait to get started.
      I'll be sure to have a look at Jenny's blog....thank you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Wow! What a lovely lot of goodies. I think I would go for most of those - especially the cross stitch book. I've got in mind to do some embroidery but, well, it's one of those things I haven't got around to doing. I love the fabric - especially the fat quarters. What lovely colours they are! I hope you'll share with us photos of what you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 'em all Sharon.
      I think I might have done some embroidery a long, long time ago but it's not something I've got into in a big way. I was very inspired by the displays at the show.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. You bought some gorgeous fabric there Sheila. I would love to quilt around one of the little teacups and put it in a frame. As soon as my leg is better I want to find a piece of fabric with a large pattern that I can quilt around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you the offcuts of the teacup fabric Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. Just a heads up for all you beginner embroiderers, your local library will have some books on how to, with many basic stitches which are way easier than they look once you see how to do it.
    If you can't wait till after Easter for the library try Utube. ..have fun 😆

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-