Pages

Followers

Wednesday 24 April 2019

The Oldies Trip Out!!!

We decided on Matlock Bath for our trip out today and I am so glad we didn't get put off by the weather forecast which we checked this morning. It was supposed to be cloudy but it actually turned out to be beautiful.....sunny with a gentle breeze.....or at least it was until we were just yards from the car park after we'd had lunch and it started to rain. We were going to go a bit further but my back was hurting so we decided to take a slow drive home and call in at the garden centre on the way.
We both really enjoyed some time away from the house.
As we ate at lunch time we won't be needing much this evening so I will just be doing pizza and coleslaw for DD and we will probably just have a bit of toast with a cup of tea.

I managed to pick up a bargain of two discontinued fabric sample books for £10. One is Dupion silks and the other is plain linen type fabrics. Both have a gorgeous range of colours in them and they will come in handy for small sewing projects.

Now we are home Andy is having a nap and I am in the sewing room drooling over my new cross stitch patterns which arrived this morning and my fingers are itching to be doing some thread ordering so that I can start on them 😀

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. A lovely day out, Sheila. Cross stitch sounds good. I haven't done one in years but it's about the only thing I can manage with a needle and thread. I remember it being very relaxing. I hope you manage to choose your pattern. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed it so much Jules.
      I used to do cross stitch a long time ago and I really fancy giving it another go. I just have to see how my eyes cope with it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. That rain seemed to arrive all of a sudden, didn't it? I thought we'd got away with it!
    Glad you had a lovely trip out, those sample books sound like a bargain! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It arrived suddenly in Matlock and then followed us home and thrashed it down.
      I've got some ideas for those sample books and I'm so glad I picked them up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I used to do cross stitch! Can't imagine when I would get time to do it now! I hope you can show us your finished results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do it a long time ago Chris. Hopefully I'll get some time to sit and do it.
      I'll be sure to post pics when I have finished something.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-