Pages

Followers

Tuesday 2 April 2019

A Kitchen Kind Of Day!!!

When it's cold and damp outside I always find the nicest place to be is in the kitchen so that is where I have spent most of my time so far today. I am on my fourth load of laundry and I have put together a lovely Cajun chicken casserole for tea tonight and am trying to decide whether to serve it bowls with crusty bread or on a plate with some steamed veg.
I'll wait until His Nibs gets up and see what he fancies I think.

The woodpecker now seems to be a regular visitor to our garden and comes nearly every day. His favourite feast seems to be the fat balls or the coconuts filled with suet and seeds so I will be making sure we don't run out of those.
The jay must have just been passing through as we haven't seen him again.

We've had a phone call this morning to say that the new window will be fitted tomorrow. They have worked out a way to get it into the house and up two flights of stairs without having to resort to scaffolding which I am very grateful for.
Thursday morning the sofa will be coming and then hopefully that will be it for this week and we can look forward to a peaceful weekend. I aim to resist going out and crack on with a big job that needs doing while I have bodies in the house to help.
I could actually do with going to Lakeland in Derby but just this once I am going to place my order online.....and I am off to do that now.

I hope you are having a lovely day....it looks like the sun is trying to come out.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. That's exciting that the woodpecker is a returning visitor!
    The sun's out now, thank goodness, what a miserable rest of the day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how much I enjoy watching the birds.
      Sunny here this morning so I hope it is for you too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. After a sunny weekend today has been dull with on and off drizzle and sleet. I thought Spring had started! Oh new furniture is always fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like today might be quite nice as we have sunshine even though it's fairly cloudy.
      Looking forward to the furniture delivery tomorrow.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. How lovely to have a woodpecker visiting your garden! Think I’ve only seen one in our garden a couple of times in 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a beautiful little bird and I am thrilled that he is visiting regularly.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Glad they have worked out a plan to be able to get the window done. What a joy to have a woodpecker visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be great seeing the woodpecker. I'm glad that you have the window sorted

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-