Pages

Followers

Monday 31 January 2011

Canvas & Mountboard!!!

I don't know why this piece hasn't photographed so well. It looks much better than this in real life.....anyway....hey ho!!!
I started off with a piece of canvas which I spritzed with water before adding Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. Blended them with a sponge and then dried. Once dry I sprayed it gently with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist and dried again.
For the tile I took a piece of black mountboard and applied a layer of double sided adhesive.......I use the A4 sheets from Woodware.
One side of the release sheet was left on and the mountboard was then embossed with a Tim Holtz folder. I then removed the second release sheet and applied Perfect Pearls powders in gold, bronze and green......a little tip if you want to try this......don't use the fluffy black brush that comes with the powders as the bristles stick to the adhesive. I used a Royal and Langnickel brush with the golden coloured bristles and it was fine.
Brush any loose powder from the tile and then skim over the raised areas with a Black Soot Distress ink pad. Dry and then spray with sealer or hairspray.
Another tip.....if you don't have black mountboard use any colour and just swipe it over with a black StazOn ink pad and dry thoroughly before following the other steps. I found the colours of the powders more vibrant when used on a dark background.

Well I have had a nice peaceful day today and have managed to get some work done upstairs making cards for the local shop. I finished six and made a start on another set of six so that was a very productive day indeed.
Tomorrow is a Miss Doodle day and I think DD and I may take her out if it's not too cold. I need a bag of compost so it will probably be the local garden centre.
Right....I had best go and turn in for the night and get my strength up.....lol!!!
Bye for now and thanks for visiting.
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sheila, this is right up my street. Fabulous piece of art. It's my brother's birthday on Wednesday and Mr Mojo had taken a bit of a hike 'cos I've been so wrapped up in our daughter's wedding stuff so I think I might adapt this idea if I get chance later.

    Have a good day with Miss Doodle!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-