Pages

Followers

Sunday 8 December 2019

Up And Running!!!

As of 7pm last night Tea Towel Towers is warm and has hot running water.
I could have cried with relief when the boiler actually kicked in when it was switched on.

So....today I am going to finish the quilt I am gifting. DD is at work until 5pm so I have a few hours before I have to be in the kitchen and I should get it done.
Tomorrow I'll start on a big clean up and get the house looking smart again so that I can put out the last few Christmas bits.

Not long now until The Doodles move into their new house. Andy and I will be making ourselves available for packing duties, looking after the girls and anything else that needs doing to help things go smoothly for them.

Right....if I can tear myself away from watching all the birds in the garden I'll go and crank up the sewing machine.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Helllooooo beautiful - glad you have hot water and it would seem I've missed so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello back to you gorgeous girl.
      Oooooh I see you have a post today so I'll go and have a catch up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. That's fantastic news, Sheila. Long may it last. You deserve a nice hot bath to celebrate.
    Nowhere near as bad, but I've had a week struggling without a washing machine. Thankfully it was only the door handle and has just this moment been fixed. Guess what I'll be doing for the rest of the day? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jules....there is always something isn't there?
      I hope you get caught up quickly and don't have to spend all day doing laundry.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. That's brilliant Sheila. I think the whole of blogland will breathe a sigh of relief for you. Happy quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne.
      The quilt is going great now that my hands are warm.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Oh Sheila, I'm so happy for you, it's been thoroughly miserable for you all the past week hasn't it? Hope The Doodles get settled in to the new place quickly, nobody wants to be in a mess at Christmas do they. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze. It has been pretty miserable I must admit.
      Hopefully we'll get them settled and at least get a tree up for the girls. A fresh one has been bought and is being kept in a cool place for now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. YEH!! So pleased for you, warm again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Chris. Oh it is soooo nice.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-