Pages

Followers

Sunday 22 December 2019

Still Lots To Do!!!

Thank you all for your comments on Friday's post.

Golly I shall be glad to lock the doors on Christmas Eve night. Nobody will come in and nobody will be going out until it's all over and thank goodness for that.
There still seems to be an awful lot to do but I'll get a few things ticked off the list today once I have put a chilli on to cook for our meal tonight. I had planned a lighter meal but Andy threw a spanner in the works and requested the chilli but I think I'll pass on it and maybe have egg on toast or something.
There are still gifts to wrap so I'll try and finish that today and then tomorrow Andy will pick up the turkey and ham. The ham will need to be cooked for our traditional Christmas Eve meal and then I will need to go out and get the fresh stuff in.....I refuse to go into town on Tuesday.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will all be sorted very soon and as usual we will look back and wonder why we stress over it.
    I've just the food shop to do tomorrow and then I might just lock the doors too! But I'm not going to worry about that just now (I've already written my shopping list), I'm off to drink something mulled. 🍷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it always gets sorted in the end Jules doesn't it so why we drive ourselves mad over it I do not know.
      Relatively calm here today now I'm back from the shops.
      Have a wonderful day.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. No door locking here, we'll be out every day taking advantage of our employed friends having broken up from work and, of course, going for our Xmas day curry!
    I'm sure it will all come together for you in the end! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are out tomorrow at my son's house but after that the drawbridge is being raised and it won't go down until we run out of something vital or Roz has to go back to work....lol.
      Have a fabulous time.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. So much to do...so little time! We’ll get done what must be done and everything else is a bonus! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Jackie :)

      Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Like you I refuse to shop on Christmas Eve. I will be out early tomorrow (really early) and that will be it. On Tuesday I will cook the bird and prepare the gravy, my least favourite jobs, and it will be reheated on Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the kids were little we would go into town but not for shopping....just to soak up the atmosphere. There seems to be little of that now....just pushing and shoving. I hate it.
      Enjoy your Christmas.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. MERRY CHRISTMAS Chick. I hope you have a wonderful festive season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and a Merry Christmas to you Chris.
      Enjoy your first one in your new home.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-