Pages

Followers

Friday 13 December 2019

Off It!!!

I've had an odd couple of days feeling not quite myself....not ill but just that flopsadopsical feeling again but I seem to be getting over it now.
A good job too as we have our little Miss Firecracker here with us for the night tomorrow through until mid morning Sunday. We are taking her out to Trentham Gardens to see the lights and decorations and to let her choose a decoration to put on our tree. We'll treat her to lunch out and let her choose a little pre-Christmas gift just as we do with Ruby.
If we had been able to have her last weekend she would have been able to stay longer but Sunday she will be off out on a surprise trip with the rest of The Doodles before they move house on Monday.

Andy will be going down to help load up the moving van on Monday morning and I will be staying home to cook for them so that they don't even have to think about it. I shall make a cottage pie with some veg that can be reheated and a jug of gravy. Hopefully it will hit the spot after a busy day.

The job list is getting a bit shorter.
One quilt finished and ready for wrapping and all of the cards have been written and most have been delivered.
The kitchen is still waiting for it's good scrub down but plenty of time for that after Tuesday when Ruby will be here for her tea for the last time this year.

Right I had best get to bed as I shall need my strength tomorrow.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Ideal...a cottage pie...yes that should warm the cockles. Have a fun time with the little’un, and good luck with the move. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Jackie.....they have been living on takeaways for a few days I think.
      Had a smashing time with Marlowe.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Flopsadopsical - what a lovely expressive word! Hope the feeling has gone now though, Sheila. And that it doesn't stop you having a lovely time with Miss Marlowe. Bet the family will be so appreciative of your cooking, especially lovely comfort food. Hope all goes well for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It describes perfectly how I felt Sooze...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hope you're having a lovely time with Marlowe. We let Sienna choose a tree dec today as well. Took me right back to when Amy was little. You're an absolute star the way you look after all your family - I'd be thrilled if somebody made my tea after moving house. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a lovely weekend with little Miss Moo.
      It's become a family tradition to cook for the gang on house moving day and I think this is the third time I have done it now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you have a busy few days ahead of you, Sheila. Make sure you schedule some `me` time in between all the activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall enjoy a quiet day today while Andy is out doing the moving :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Liz....we had a smashing time.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-