Pages

Followers

Monday 23 December 2019

Traumatised!!!

Oh my goodness....it was bedlam out there this morning. I had almost lost the will to live by the time I had been bashed by the fifth trolley of the morning.
I was there at quite a reasonable time and managed to get the salad stuff but T***o should hang their heads in shame at the state of the iceberg lettuce they were selling.....60p for something that looked like it should already be on the compost  heap. I opted for the Little Gem instead which looked far fresher.

The ham is now roasting away in the oven. Usually I would boil it before skinning it and roasting it for half an hour or so but it wouldn't fit in my big stock pan so it has to be completely roasted. I'm sure it will be fine.
The turkey fillet is resting in the fridge until Christmas morning when I shall have to be up at the crack of a sparrer's do dah to get it in the oven if we hope to eat at lunch time rather than tea time. I wasn't expecting it to be so big but it does mean lots of lovely leftovers for Boxing Day and sandwiches for the rest of the week. I'd rather have turkey cold.

DD has been at work since 5am and I don't know what time she will be finishing.....it could be 5pm or it could be 7pm but at least when she does finish she has three days off.
Tomorrow morning we will spend some time with The Doodles and then the rest of Christmas is just us three and the telly.....or a box set if there's nothing on we fancy.....and there may well be a box of Thornton's on top of the fridge which I shouldn't be eating but I am going to....lol.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Totally agree about that store.I was there at 10.15 am and they had run out of melons!Picked up a pack of peppers and one was mouldy.But they did have lots of check outs on.It seems they employ seasonal staff who do't really care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sheila, It's been a while since I commented, but I read all your posts. I felt your complete misery and frustration about your boiler, but couldn't add anything new to what others were saying.

    I'm happy to say that battling with other shoppers this close to Christmas is now a thing of the past for me and it's left to my husband, but we aren't entertaining at all this year and we've only needed a few extra things which have now been bought. A lot different to when I worked in a supermarket and it was bedlam for the few weeks prior to Christmas.

    We also like the turkey/chicken cold and I always cooked it on Christmas Eve just so that I didn't have the pressure on Christmas Day.

    Anyway I wish you, your OH and DD and all your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year. See you in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek...Christmas Eve tomorrow...not sure when I’ll be shopping....good old work! Have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you having to do battle in the grocery store! Ours was relatively quiet at 8:30 a.m. so I was able to whizz around. No more shopping this week, for sure! Have a lovely day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only ever once shopped the day before Christmas eve... never again. Have a smashing Christmas Sheila. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our nearest supermarket was fine when I went yesterday, just much busier than usual.
    I hope you have plenty of leftovers from your Christmas lunch then you can relax and enjoy the rest of the week. You've had a stressful time of it lately. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much for the seasonal of goodwill to all men, people's behaviour at this time of year is appalling.
    We don't do a Xmas shop - we'll be eating out on Xmas Day and Boxing Day - but Jon had to pop to Morrisons for a pint of milk on Sunday and said the place was full of nutters!
    Have a fantastic Xmas, Sheila and family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is crazy out there! I am up bright and early (way before the sun is up) in hopes of getting a couple last minute items (out of stock yesterday). I don't want to be out long. It was bad enough yesterday lol. I hope you and your family have a lovely couple of days. Enjoy and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-