Pages

Followers

Monday 30 December 2019

Monday!!!

We've had a nice peaceful weekend and got rid of some of the Christmas clutter. The cards have been taken down and put into a box with the few cards I had left from the ones we sent, the Christmas village has been dismantled, packed away and gone back upstairs.There is now just the tree which will come down at the weekend after DD's birthday and that will be it for another year.
I was ready for it all to go away on Boxing Day but I didn't want to seem like a killjoy.

Today I have had a little potter about doing housey things and when I had had enough of that I started kitting up some cross stitch projects. Fabric has been cut and zig zag stitched to stop it falling apart as I sew and threads have been chosen. If I get a chance I may start stitching tonight or I may have a sort out on one of my USB sticks and make some space to store my downloaded charts as last night I purchased a whole magazine in PDF format and it's quite a big file. I'll see what I feel like doing after tea.

We'll be having salad for our evening meal. I think I have gone off cooked meals for a while as yesterday I did pork chops with all the trimmings and I barely ate half of mine. I enjoyed the tuna sandwich we had at tea time much more....so light and simple for a few days now.
DD has a long shift to work on New Year's Day so I am just doing a buffet style tea....again with salad. I'll make some scotch eggs and vol au vents and put out a cheese board and that will do us.

Right....I had best go and do some chopping and slicing.
Hope you've all had it lovely day.....we've had bright sunshine and very blue skies.
Sheila-x-


7 comments:

  1. I think our decs will come down at the weekend. It’ll be nice to get the space back and everything less cluttered! We had cottage pie this evening, it was good to have some plain cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a strange time of year Twixmas isn't it. Christmas is finished but New Year is still to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems a lot of people are ready to pack away Christmas now, myself included. A buffet style tea sounds perfect for NY Day. Think we'll be doing something similar here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got some sun. New projects sound like just the thing. I have some cross stitch projects I wouldn't mind doing though I haven't done any for a while! I must admit we went to salad on Friday and Saturday. We all just wanted some fresh veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nearly 2020 Sheila. I do hope its a wonderful year for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a very happy and successful New Year. Eloise. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to keep my decorations up until New Year, but then I'll be taking them down and giving the house a good tidy and clean.
    Happy New Year, Sheila. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-