Pages

Followers

Saturday 28 December 2019

So Long Turkey!!!

The last of the turkey has been sliced, wrapped and tucked away in the freezer for future meals and it may be a good while until it sees the light of day again. I certainly can't face any more of it for the foreseeable future.
Today we are having good old sausages and tomatoes with some crusty bread.

DD and I have been into the little town for a small top up shop and I was surprised at how quiet it was both on the roads and in the shops. Mind you we don't have any big stores really so I expect anyone sale shopping is out at the big retail parks in Stoke or Derby.....and they are welcome to that. There is nothing I want or need at the moment.

We are having another nice quiet evening and have no plans to go anywhere or do anything in particular tomorrow. We'll just take the day as it comes.
Have a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I just made a batch of gravy and cooked the last of the beef in it. It's going in the freezer when it cools. We are having a quiet night in front of the TV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've still got our beef to have and I will be saving some to freeze in gravy when we do have it. Such a treat to have midweek.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to return to eating 'normal' meals again. Enjoy your evening and put your feet up tomorrow. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My appetite seems to be shrinking and I just can't do justice to the kind of meals Andy wants over Christmas so being back to normal meals is lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We've had quiche and salad today which made a nice change from meat. After a walk in the park we popped into our local town for a coffee. No busier than usual there either, but I wonder if the sales frenzy has already been and gone - there certainly wasn't much left on the shelves in some shops.

    A quiet evening sounds lovely. Just what I'm having as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh quiche....what a lovely idea. I think I'll make one for our New Year's Day buffet style tea.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I agree - you can only eat the holiday food so many times before ending up hating it lol. When you freeze the turkey how do you do it and does it end up dry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cut the turkey into thick slices and freeze them individually and then when I reheat it I do it on a rack in a pan with a little water in the bottom and it doesn't seem to be dry when I do that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I've got about four portions of turken in our freezer. Looking forward to making some roasted tomato and red pepper sauce to have with one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my.....that sounds so good Liz.
      I'll be giving that a try.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-