Pages

Followers

Thursday 5 December 2019

Swear Words!!!

Does anyone know any new satisfying swear words?
I've just about run the gamut of the ones I know and they just ain't working anymore.

From that you will guess that the boiler is still kaput but it's not the engineer at fault. The place that got him the spare part got the wrong one and he has had to go back and stand over them while they ordered another one.
It should be here tomorrow and and soon as he has his hands on it he will come over and fit it.

Despite all that I have had a lovely afternoon. Andy ordered me the rest of the threads I need to complete my DMC collection so I have sat winding those onto their bobbins and filling up my storage boxes. He let me have them even though they are part of my Christmas present.
I've been nice and warm as the engineer left us a small fan heater to borrow until he comes back.

I hope you have all had a good day too.
Sheila-x-


10 comments:

  1. It sounds like the basis for a good comedy sketch Sheila. I wouldn't like your next electric bill though. Aren't those fan heaters expensive to run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will ever see the funny side of this Cherie.....it's been a nightmare.
      No I doubt we'll like the electric bill either but it's that but needs must.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I thought my experience of gas engineers was bad enough but your situation has dragged on far longer. You deserve a medal for your stoicism. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't make it up could you Jules? It's mad.
      I'll settle for a hot Badedas bath...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Sending big hugs your way - hope to goodness it's fixed tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a palava, but at least you've been warmer today. Lucky you having an early Christmas present. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely to have warm hands for a while.
      I think Andy was trying to cheer me up letting me have the threads. I love winding them onto their bobbins.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Good you live in a relatively mild climate. We have had below zero temperatures for the last few days and would not have been able to survive without heat. Fingers crossed for a positive result tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....we only had freezing temperatures last weekend but this week has been a bit milder.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-