Pages

Followers

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Another Waiting Game!!!

So.....he didn't show up yesterday. The catalogue of excuses was just ridiculous so I won't bore you with them   
Andy has managed to get hold of him this morning and he is definitely coming today. So we'll see.

To while away the time I am making cranberry sauce and bread sauce to put in the freezer ready for Christmas and the house smells divine.
I had no bread suitable for making the bread sauce so nipped to Waitrose last night to take advantage of their end of day reductions.....you can get a Farmhouse loaf for 25p if you hit them at the right time. I also picked up a few other bits for today's cooking and thought the bill was a bit expensive. Got back to the car and checked my receipt.....they had charged me £17.25 for my loaf of reduced bread...good job I checked.
The money is now back in my purse.

After that I spent hours trying to get to sleep and ended up having to keep getting up with an upset stomach. I'm beginning to think somebody up there doesn't like me very much. Oh well while he's picking on me he's leaving somebody else alone.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you did check your receipt! Hope the engineer has run out of excuses now so that he's no option but to turn up. I'm not so sure I'd be offering him a brew either. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your blog but, I have to say, tea towels are one of the few things I do iron! Hope you have heat tonight and hot water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey, good job you checked your receipt Sheila! Hope he's been and everything has been restored/mended to working order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your patience Sheila. I would have lost mine by now. Good thing you checked your receipt! That could have been a costly loaf of reduced bread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! What a saga. You must be well and truly cheesed off with it all. Hope it is sorted soon. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-