Pages

Followers

Thursday 26 December 2019

I Must Have Blinked!!!

My word....that went by in a flash didn't it?

We have had a lovely couple of days.....Christmas Eve with our gorgeous Doodle family, breakfast cooked by DS and then the sheer joy of watching our girls open their gifts from us.
We also opened our gifts from them and everything was absolutely smashing.
By contrast yesterday was very quiet with Just Andy, DD and I at home. I was up very early to get the monster turkey fillet in the oven (it was gorgeous) and after lunch spent a good couple of hours on the sofa......they say I snored......I think they tell porkies.....lol.
Today is much the same....just us three and we have all just done our own thing. There is leftover ham and turkey, a bowl of salad and some crusty rolls for tea and I am really looking forward to that. It will be nice to just have the oven on for ten minutes for the rolls instead of the six hours it was on yesterday.

Thank you so much for the comments left over the last couple of posts.
I hope you are all enjoying a peaceful Boxing Day.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. The peace and quiet is wonderful today. I have the house (and alcohol collection) to myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a perfect Christmas Sheila. Glad you enjoyed it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating leftovers is the best part of Boxing Day, say I! No cooking for the rest of the week (or until we are fed up with turkey). Glad you have had a perfect couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Christmas, Sheila. Time to relax now. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-