Pages

Followers

Friday 20 December 2019

I Wish It Would Stop Raining!!!

Another day of miserable rain.
At this time of year I would like sharp frosty mornings with a little sunshine but instead it is grey, murky, muddy and wet.
No wonder I am not feeling Christmassy in the slightest.
My plans for a nice relaxing weekend after jobs have been done are scuppered and tomorrow I will be having visitors that I hadn't planned on so I need to sort out a meal for them.
I wouldn't mind if he (BiL) had phoned earlier in the week to say he was coming but he dumped it on me about two minutes after I got out of bed this morning.
The gift wrapping I was going to do today won't all get done now as I will have to go out and do a bit of shopping for the meal and the cleaning I was going to do tomorrow will have to be done today.
Sorry.....moan over 😒

Andy is out this morning helping to move the last of the stuff from The Doodles old house to the new and taking things to the recycling centre. Once he gets back he will have to take me out and I think we may well treat ourselves to lunch or a coffee and take a bit of a breather.

Right.....I am off to put me big girl pants on and get cracking....lol.
Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. And there was me hoping for some rain so that I could use my Christmas brolly... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a fine morning it has just started raining again here. I'm fed up of hearing it against the windows.
    I'm sorry your plans have altered and hope you manage to get a break at some point. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be miffed as well Sheila. I wonder why some people just assume people are free to fit in with their plans.

    I'd love some cold, bright, crispy days as well. I feel like we've been living under a grey cloud for weeks now. It's quite depressing at times. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Far too much rain here too - floods everywhere and still raining

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's vile, isn't it? So depressing and impossible to drum up any motivation. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it stops raining soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last minute guests need to know "take us as you find us" - no special preparations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-