Pages

Followers

Tuesday 10 December 2019

Spoiled Mums!!!

Well....I am still absolutely flabbergasted that DDIL spoiled her Mum and me so much last night.
I thought we would do the same as last year and go to Wetherspoon's in the little town so I was a little puzzled when she headed the car in a completely different direction and completely shocked when she turned the car into the drive of Weston Hall  near Stafford. 
We have traveled past there many times and I have always wondered what it was like and now I know that it is absolutely the most beautiful place I have ever eaten in my life. It must be lovely there any time of year but visiting when it was decked out for Christmas....wow what a treat.
The food was beautiful, the staff were wonderful and I could have sat in the lounge drinking coffee for a week...it was so cosy and comfortable.
A lovely evening I shall remember for a long time.

Out in the rain and wind with DD this morning to do a bit of shopping.....trying to gather the last few bits needed for gifts and a couple of festive food items for the store cupboard.
I think we're good for everything but the fresh stuff now so I should only need a top up shop or two between now and Christmas.....thank goodness.

How are you getting on with your preparations?
Hope it's all going well.
Sheila-x-

15 comments:

  1. My preparations are going smoothly, joyful times in church and my younger son brought me a beautiful tree. That surprise gift of dining at Weston Hall sounds fabulous and I hope you go again in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your preparations are going well Terra and that you enjoying time in church.
      I'm sure we will visit Weston Hall again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful and well deserved treat Sheila. My preps are going well. I think after the shopping delivery tomorrow I'll only have fresh things to buy as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was wonderful Suzanne.

      Sounds like you are all ready for the big day then. Bring it on I say.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful treat and a lovely evening out. I always think places look so very special when decorated for Christmas. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so elegant Jules. I almost felt like I wasn't posh enough to be there....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Ooh Sheila...hubby and I have an IOU from Sonshine and his girlfriend to have an afternoon tea there...can't wait. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fabulous Jackie. I know you will love it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Sounds lovely Sheila, lucky you Mike's daughters have treated me out in the past but now we all live too far from each other. I would never have that from my daughter she's too busy to spit, an old saying of my aunt!
    Hope you're cosy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Chris what a shame you live so far apart. Will you get to see them at Christmas though?
      Very cosy and warm now thank you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I have ordered my Christmas bird (a capon this year, I'm not a big fan of turkey). My tree is up - the grandkids came over on Sunday to help decorate it. My overseas cards are in the mail but that's about it. Still gifts to buy and wrap and food for Christmas lunch. You did ask, sorry it's so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love a capon. I'm not a huge fan of turkey either but everyone else is so I go with the flow.
      Never too long Chris....I love to hear what everyone is up to.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Glad you enjoyed your lovely treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sharon it was wonderful.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about the food at Weston Park! Lovely treat. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-