Pages

Followers

Monday 16 December 2019

Moving Day!!!

Well the keys to the new house should have been picked up by now and the first load of furniture will be going into the moving van shortly.
I feel a little guilty that I am not down there helping but to be honest with the state of my back I would be more of a liability than a help. I have to be honest though and say that I am going to enjoy Andy being out of the house for a while as I never have any time on my own since he retired and I miss it badly.
I shall enjoy some time in the kitchen this morning then this afternoon I may treat myself to a nice bath and some gift wrapping until it's time to feed everyone.
I can't wait to see the new house....it looked stunning on the estate agents website.

We had a fabulous time with Marlowe over Saturday and part of Sunday. She was as good as gold.
Her new decoration....a very glittery gingerbread man.....has been hung on the tree and is twinkling beautifully.
She says she would like to come again but would like to stay.....forever.....lol.

Anyhoo....onions to chop and meat to brown so I'll go and get that done first befoe I tackle my least favourite job of peeling potatoes.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Hope the move goes smoothly. I know exactly what you mean, Sheila - since husband retired I rarely get time alone either....it's lovely to have them home, but a bit of time alone occasionally is very nice too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just been and delivered their evening meal and poor DIL looks shattered. Luckily she has three weeks holiday now to get straight.
      I've enjoyed my home alone time.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Good luck on the move!
    I never peel potatoes, just scrub them very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they're in Jan. It's been a long day so hopefully they will sleep tonight.

      Andy would quite happily eat potatoes with their skins on but not me I'm afraid :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hope everything has gone smoothly for the Doodle family. I think your plan of action to stay home was a good one. You definitely don't want a bad back over Christmas. They're probably all shattered and much better for you to be there with a meal ready for them at the end of a long day.

    Know exactly what you mean about having Andy at home. I feel the same about Mark although he is out a couple of days but that depends on the weather which at this time of year is against him more than it's with him :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to have gone well Suzanne. Lots to do now to get everything straight but at least they are in and can just take it at their own pace.
      Hopefully their meal will give them the energy to get the beds sorted for a good night's sleep.

      It's been bliss having the house to myself.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Not even going to mention the whole new house new baby thing. Strangely nobody said it to us when we moved here! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.....not a chance of any new babies here.....unfortunately.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-