Pages

Followers

Thursday 28 February 2019

Not Quite So Sore!!!

Thankfully the aches and pains seem to be on their way but I am not going to push it by finishing the Arfur job today....I'll do it at the weekend.

It's cold and damp here today so I am ditching another salad and doing grilled bacon and tomatoes with scrambled eggs for tea. No rush to have it ready for when DD walks through the door as she wants a bath before tea which gives me an extra hour of sewing time...yay.

Sewing Bee bought back a few memories last night it being 70's week. They showed a piece where people used to make their trousers flared by inserting a triangle of fabric into the side seams at the bottoms of the legs and I remember doing that to a pair of purple cords I used to have...so funny.
No flares to sew here today....I'm still working on the aprons.

Hope you are having a good day despite the weather.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. So glad the aches and pains are going away. Take care and hope it warms up there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been tricked into a false feeling of spring with some nice sunny, warm weather and now the cold and wet is back it's a bit of a shock.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Having a rest is good for the body - and soul.

    I remember hand sewing pieces of material into the seams of jeans too for both my husband and myself. Oh, we were so 'with-it', weren't we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh didn't we just Joan. I can even remember wearing a tablecloth as a maxi skirt. I wouldn't have the nerve today...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Og goodness....flares with inserts. I used to do that too. My favourite were denim jeans with a wine velvet insert. I lived in them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-