Pages

Followers

Wednesday 6 February 2019

Don't Be Scared!!!

It's only me.......


Chris at Up's and Downs has asked for an update on how my hair is growing back after  Brave The Shave and here is how it looks nearly three months on.
It's at the stage now where I have to wet it in the morning or spend the whole day looking like a coconut.
It's a very strange mixture of colours....dark grey, lighter grey and white and right at the front I have some blonde. I don't know where that has come from as I have never been blonde in my life.....well apart from a disaster of a dye job when I was younger but we'll not go into that....lol.
I think I could live with it like this permanently as it is so much easier to look after although I'd maybe trim the top a tiny bit.
Andy wants me to grow it back to shoulder length but we'll see.

Today is Ruby's day to come for tea and I have changed my planned meal from sausages with mash, veg and gravy to sausage, egg, chips and beans......totally Pam's fault as she mentioned in her blog post that she and the SO had had that for their tea and it is one of my favourite meals when something comforting is needed and I think today is Ruby's day for Forest School. I expect she will arrive with rosy cheeks and a good appetite.
This is possibly the last time I shall see her as an eight year old as it is her birthday next week. I can't believe that she will be nine on Monday.

I just need to do a bit of tidying before she arrives and run the vacuum over when Andy gets up and that is all I'm doing in the way of housework today. I'll tackle something from the big job list tomorrow.

Have a smashing day.
Sheila-x-

20 comments:

  1. Aargh!! Lol, just joking Sheila, not scared but admiring your bravery. And it was/is brave, so don't think it isn't. Doing something like you have - both the shave and showing a photo to the world - strips us down to our vulnerabilities, but you took your courage in both hands and did it anyway. And you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, but must be a bit chilly in the winter! Enjoy your time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sharon....very chilly indeed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hi Shelia I was trying to grow my hair long again, but last week I had the chop and it is back to short again, which really does suit me better, and as you say shorter really is so easy to look after.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had to use shampoo for three months Marlene. Just starting to now though.
      I am loving not having to fuss too much with it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. You look great. I think I would find my neck getting a little chilly, however. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. Oh you wouldn't believe how chilly your neck gets. I've used lots of scarves and hats this Winter which I don't usually wear as they aggravate me.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Wow Shelia, you have surprised me on how quickly it has grown back. Egg, chips and beans sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised too MM although it did seem to take some time to get going.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. One of my friends daughter had a brush with cancer, she lost her hair so my friend had her head shaved o match. She loved the freedom and when it grew back she adopted a Mia Farrow look of around 2"all over. You look amazing Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a lovely thing your friend did.
      The freedom is what is making me think I will stay short.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Yes, Sheila, I’m with the stay short camp. Nearly three years ago I went for the chop and poor DH was shocked to the core. He loves it now although I found my long “wash and go” style easier to look after. I’m almost silver now with the help of some highlights to even the tone. Wee done for the shave and the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I shall have to even out the tone a little as it looks very strange.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. That's quite the contrast between your current picture and your profile picture! I had my hair that short once and it's a hoot washing it! So quick! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jenn. My profile picture was taken nearly nine years ago at my Son's wedding but my style was still the same when I got shaved.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. Growing back nicely and suits you ๐Ÿ˜Š Without the dye mine would probably be at least 75% grey. I think if I dared to go short I would let all the colour grow out.But I have huge sticky out ears so would look like the world cup ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris.
      I'm sure you would look beautiful with short hair.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  10. Jeez,,, you scared the life out of me.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair is ok Sheila, my SIL has her hair like this and pays a bomb every 6 weeks to keep it like yours. Well done

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-