Pages

Followers

Sunday 24 February 2019

Sunny Saturday!!!

Although I had no plans for going out this weekend I did end up going into the little town after doing a freezer sort out and finding some shortages on things I use all the time.
As we left the house it was misty and very cold but by the time we got into town it was like we'd travelled to another country and it was hot and sunny....absolutely perfect for a wander around the charity shops and the Maker's Market.
Iceland was visited first and the shopping left in the capable hands of the delivery man while we went and did our wandering. Bargains from the charity shops were purchased....books, two massive pieces of fabric for £1 and a blouse for myself for £1 so a good morning out.

Back home I did a little more sorting out in the sewing room until it was time to feed us all and then a very relaxing evening on the sofa watching Vikings....yes again....lol.

No lawns mowed yesterday as Andy says it is still too wet. We have very heavy clay soil and it does take a good while for things to start drying up.

Today DD is cooking lunch and once I have finished on here I will be sewing until it's time for Dancing on Ice and Call The Midwife so another relaxing day which should top up my energy levels for things I want to get done in the week.

I hope you are all having a wonderful and relaxing weekend.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I never get tired of looking at Travis Fimmel...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We are basking in sunshine, it is warm enough to walk the dogs first thing without a jacket. I may just be doing a bit of a CS trawl tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stayed quite misty and damp for most of the day yesterday Pam.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We had that early mist, too - luckily the sun burnt it off and I#ve spent most of the weekend trying to tidy the garden.
    Sounds like you found some bargains in the charity shops.
    We're currently obsessed with Wire In The Blood, I'm not sure how we missed it the first time round. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our sun was a bit lazy and never really burnt the mist off all day really.
      Is Wire In The Blood the Robson Green thing? I can't watch anything with him in...he just rubs me up the wrong way unfortunately.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. A couple of nice walks and some crafting. Already to watch Call the Midwife too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to slap that old lady for upsetting Valerie...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. It's been properly warm and sunny here … almost sunbathing weather... almost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we may be having that today Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I hope you've enjoyed your relaxing day. It has been lovely and sunny here but we've been stuck indoors again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice Jules.
      Sorry you didn't get out in the sun.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. That sounds like a good day. I love looking around the charity shops for bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it was a good day Sharon.
    Our charity shops aren't brilliant but sometimes you can find something useful.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-