Pages

Followers

Wednesday 20 February 2019

How Lovely!!!

This morning while sitting drinking my first cuppa of the day I spotted a bird on the apricot tree pecking at one of the coconuts. It was beautiful and not one I had seen before. After a quick Google I have identified it as a Jay.
What a lovely start to the day.

Andy's discovery yesterday has me shuddering a bit. He was woken by some scratching up above him while he was  sleeping and at first thought it was a bird on the roof but no.....it's a flippin' mouse up in the roof space which is behind an access panel in DD's bedroom. He will be going in and laying traps at the weekend.

I've not made a decision on tea yet today as I am waiting for a call back from DS to let me know if Ruby is coming or not. I haven't seen her since her birthday so I do hope she will be.
Until he calls I shall just occupy myself with a few little jobs that want doing and then if I feel like it I might bake a cake.

Loved Sewing Bee again last night....especially the dance costumes.
Although I do have a sewing room I would love to have a room like they have on the programme with bolts of fabric and endless haberdashery all on display to inspire me. Most of my stuff is tucked away in boxes which have to be pulled out and searched. I'm grateful to have the space though.

Well I had best go and get on now my coffee break is over.
What are you up to today?
I hope it's a good one whatever you are doing.
Sheila-x-


13 comments:

  1. Had to laugh about your mystery bird....I remember the comedian and birder Bill Oddie saying years ago that if you see a mystery bird in your garden, it's almost certainly a Jay! He said he gets loads of people saying to him 'I had a strange bird in the garden the other day...' and when they describe it, it's always a Jay lol. Hope you get to see Ruby. Sorry about your mouse, we've had mice quite a few times in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been back again this morning Sooze.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I hope the mouse situation is soon resolved for you. Sadly, we don't seem to be getting many birds in our garden at the moment, so I'd be thrilled to spot anything. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jules...I don't like the thought of it scuttling about in my house.
      We went through a time of not seeming to get many birds in the garden but they are back with a vengeance now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. How lucky to see a Jay in the garden, we have never had one come in, I often see them about when we are driving around, yes best get the mouse sorted out before he/she moves the family in. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really chuffed to be able to identify it Marlene. Thank goodness for Google:)
      Andy will be on the job first thing Saturday morning so hopefully there will be no mouse parties going on here...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I started to read this much earlier,got as far as Loved Sewing Bee and realised that I had forgotten it was on. Panic over it was recorded. I had to go and watch it straight away in case anyone told me what happened. Phew. Mice will find their way in somewhere warm and dry, we haven't had one here so far. I could live on the set of the Sewing Bee, full on child in a sweet shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garment of the week was spot on again I thought.
      We've not had any mice up until now...or as far as I know anyway. The one we did have was out in the shed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Sorry about the mouse. We would have a squirrel up there once in a while. Husband worked out where it was coming in and blocked it up (when it was out). Caught it trying to break in again. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh 'eck....a squirrel? Much as I love them I don't think I'd like one in the house.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Loved the sewing bee also ...I don’t think I’ve actually seen a jay how lucky you are ...understand about materials
    mine are tucked away also in a big box .. which I pull out the fabrics look at and feel then put it all back ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like cookery shows but it is absolute bliss to have a sewing programme on isn't it?
      Ooooh a fellow fabric stroker....lol. I have some gorgeous fabrics but the trouble is I just never like taking the scissors to it. I was the same with papers when I was a cardmaker.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about the mouse, hopefully caught soon. I must admit I do miss my craft room and can't wait until work finishes on mine so that I can have things displayed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-