Pages

Followers

Thursday 7 February 2019

Rain Stops Play!!!

My plan for today was to put on a thick jumper and be out in the garden where I want to cut down the climbing rose from around the old apricot tree.
Well I won't be doing that as the wind is howling and the rain is absolutely thrashing down so I shall have to have a rethink and see what else is on the job list. No doubt it will be something that requires Marigolds and a cleaning cloth.

I took some chicken out of the freezer last night and will be attempting a chicken curry for tea. I don't make curries very often as I prefer Mexican or Italian flavours but Andy and DD love them so I'll treat them. If I don't like it I can always have beans on toast.

One very excited little girl arrived for her tea yesterday and I am not surprised she is excited. She has so much happening this week and weekend.
Tonight she is going on a late night birthday shopping spree with Mummy and Daddy will join them later for a meal out.
Tomorrow we are picking her up from school and dropping her home to get ready for a weekend away with Brownies and then on Monday which is her actual birthday we are having a birthday tea at her house after school.
She is a busy little bee.

Well I had best go and get myself busy....after a cup of tea of course.
Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. Pity you couldn't get out in the garden. It's a mixture of sunshine and showers here, very windy though. More rain forecast for later and tomorrow. Have a lovely weekend with the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to read you couldn't get out and get your outside jobs done. Dare I say the sun is shining and no rain here for the first time in weeks we have got out to the outbuildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a tale of one very lucky little girl indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weather sounds WONDERFUL to me! Stinking hot here, bring on winter. I hope your wee girl enjoys her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s monsoon like here today and blowing a hooley but is 10C. I’m going to sew, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today has been dismal with rain and a high wind....until about 4.30pm when the sun came out! Our weather is certainly strange

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the curry turned out and you were able to enjoy it too. We just had bacon and egg sandwiches.. yum! We're expecting more snow here.. then a warm up on Monday. I always am sad to see the snow melt. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-