Pages

Followers

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Hurray For Sewing Bee!!!

I am absolutely overjoyed that Great British Sewing Bee is back on TV.
Some great characters for this series and I love the new presenter.
That's me sorted out for 9pm on Tuesday nights then.

My own sewing is coming along with two aprons cut out and two more to do (I couldn't make a decision between two fabrics so I went for both). The binding is basted onto one of the cut out ones and I just need to get the machine set up.
I don't know if that will be today though as I am late getting started after going into town this morning and I have a few little jobs to do before I can have any me time.
There was only a list of salad ingredients and a couple of things for Andy to be picked up but in T***o I splurged a whole 16p on four jars of mincemeat they had on yellow sticker (use by date is Nov 2020). I am going to use it to make mincemeat cakes for pack ups.

No Ruby today as she has a very busy social week again but we saw her Monday so I haven't missed out altogether.

It's quite warm today which is what prompted the journey into town for salad ingredients so I'll do some crispy chicken with a nice dressed salad and a small bread roll for tea.

Hope it's warm where you are for a change.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. I loved the sewing bee too. We will have to watch it on catchup though from now on as Tuesday is my wood carving club night. Unless the surgeon plans to operate on me quite soon. In which case I shall be glued to the tv for a couple of weeks while everything heals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to watch some early episodes as I haven't watched all of the series but the quality of some of the uploads on You Tube is diabolical.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I really like Joe Lycett, although wouldn't have pegged him as a craft show presenter. I shan't be watching though, even so, seeing as I can't sew to save my life it's not my sort of programme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's fab isn't he? I hadn't heard of him to be honest.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Yes, lovely and warm today, washing pegged out and dry. We watched the Sewing Bee and although Claudia was such a part of the program I have to say that I did not miss her inane comments. wasn't the Garment of the week a stunner. I would have ripped that out of her hands a few years (well a lot of years) ago and worn it like a shot. It has made me look at my colour choices with fresh eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't miss Claudia either.
      Oh that Garment of the Week was amazing from the fabric choice to the fit it was just perfect.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Sadly, its blowing a gale and raining here. Watching the Sewing Bee on catch up later this evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good job it's not on every day else I'd get nothing done although I do wish there were more crafting/sewing programmes on.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I really liked the show last night and although I had no idea who Joe Lycett was, I thought he did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I am really going to love this season with him in it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I must ban my children having a crises on the phone at 8.30 on a .Tuesday missed half of sky arts painting and half of sewing bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must do the same with my Brother in Law Trish.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I've just caught up. Lovely to see the West Midlands being represented by Joe Lycett (and he's got great taste in nail varnish!) Garment of the week was gorgeous, wasn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's fabulous Vix.
      GOTW....oh my word...loved it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-