Pages

Followers

Monday 4 February 2019

Snookered!!!

The quilt top is out, the wadding is out but I have a huge fail on the backing fabric as I don't have enough so the quilting is snookered for today.
I went into town with Andy this morning and did look in the charity shops to see if I could find anything suitable but no luck.
Looks like a trip to Ikea will be happening soon.

It was quite pleasant out and about this morning.....nice and sunny and it did feel a little bit warmer than of late.
Nothing exciting bought.....apart from a new casserole pan and a top up on veg and salad for this weeks meals.
I have some chicken breasts marinating in some Cajun spices and will bake those later to serve with salad and roasted Charlottes. The salad will be dressed with a passion fruit balsamic vinegar.
I really must get in a trip to the food shop at Trentham to stock up on my balsamic vinegars as we are nearly out and they do the most amazing range there.

I think I may get some of my sewing project books out now and see if there is anything small that takes my fancy to make while I wait to go and buy some fabric.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Best time to visit IKEA is a weekday or after 7pm , I worked for Ikea wednesbury for 5 years and this was our quietest time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly when I go. I would never visit in the day time or at weekends as I have seen the madness...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Hey there busy lady! Thank you for your comments, I 've been waiting for a photo of you with your hair growing back, how is it?
    I 've used a cotton sheet as backing on a small quilt. Such s nuisance when you plan to do something but don't have enough of what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris.....I will get Roz to take a photo of my hair I promise.

      Yes I have used cotton sheets as backing and even part of a duvet cover. I just don't have the right colour for this one and couldn't find anything either. Never mind....it will get done eventually.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Such a shame that you didn't have enough backing fabric. I love browsing through patterns and books for inspiration for the next make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was really annoyed as it was about half a metre short. I must have used some it for something else.
      So many lovely things to make in the books I looked at and now I can't make my mind up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Have you tried Balsamic glaze Shelia? It also comes in different varieties and is stickier and thicker then the actual vinegar and is great on everything from salads to omlettes! My friend he's a real foodie but always watching his way( he's doesn't need to lol got me into it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Nat....yes I have tried Balsamic glaze....so yummy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Do you buy fabric to back your quilts? Or use the fabric from the duvet covers?
    Long ago I bought a blue and white duvet cover there for about $10. I figured it would back two quilts ....but it is still waiting to be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly....yes I have used duvet covers and sheets in the past for backing fabric but I have nothing suitable to hand and couldn't find anything in the charity shops either.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. That is a shame Sheila, you can bet your bottom dollar that the minute you buy some new fabric the charity shops will be overflowing with exactly what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that always the case Pam.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-