Pages

Followers

Monday 18 February 2019

Another Weekend Gone!!!

No chance for a lie in this weekend as I wanted to be up and out.
Saturday to Derby........
First call was the market....two Patchwork magazines for £1 each, the webbing I needed for my aprons and some cross stitch fabric in readiness for a sampler I want to do for DD's 40th birthday in January. 
Best make an early start as I haven't done cross stitch for years as my eyes don't like it. I have a good lamp and a magnifier though so that should help.

Onto The Works........
 Three books for £5.......
 ......and a very lucky find. Just what I needed. Was marked up at £3 and rang up at £1.50. I was so chuffed.


Sunday we went to Trentham to stock up on Balsamic vinegars, spice mixes and a jar of cider and horseradish mustard which I like to use in my hash jackets when I can get hold of it.


They also have a Works there and I picked up three more books so I now have enough to last me for a few weeks.




I've not been having much luck finding good books in the charity shops lately and these don't cost any more than buying from there so I'm quite happy.

The lunch Andy cooked yesterday was gorgeous and just what we needed after a chilly walk around the shopping village.
I think the fresh air combined with the lunch knocked me out and I ended up having a nanny nap....lol.

Today I am doing laundry as I didn't make a start on it yesterday and I have extra this week as I have sorted out the coat rack in the hall. DD had four hoodies...yes four...... hanging in there so they are being freshened up before going up to her room. I had some cardigans in there which need freshening up which can then be hung in the wardrobe and a couple of light jackets are being washed before they go off to the charity shop.
The hall now seems twice as big as it was.

Another load has just finished so I'll go and sort it out.
Hope you are having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Lovely stash of goodies there, especially the oils and spices. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spices were a bargain at £4 on a 3 for 2 offer.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We are going to the Mainland tomorrow so it will be nice to check out the Works for some bits and pieces. A real bargain on the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Works has lots of crafty things in at the moment so have a great time.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I'm guessing that the Trentham you mention Trentham Gardens, Stoke on Trent? I used to visit there quite often when I was travelling regularly to Stoke for work. It's a fab place. I had lunch several times at David's Mediterranean restaurant and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Eloise it is. We love it there and go quite often as it's a good place to find unusual gifts.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-