Pages

Followers

Tuesday 5 February 2019

In My Kitchen Today!!!


Trying out my new casserole dish with a lovely beef stew today.
Later I will make some tiny herb dumplings to scatter over the top and put it into the oven for them to crisp over and then I'll serve it with some steamed dark green cabbage.
Note to self.....do not lift the lid of the casserole dish without using an oven glove as it burns......ask me how I know....lol.
My old one had a silicon type knob which didn't burn and this one is metal which does.

Still looking through the project books to find a little something to do but I have a headache and can't concentrate so it's not going too well.

Sad to see my neighbours 'sold' sign has gone up. We have been friends for over thirty years and neighbours for twenty three years. It's going to be very strange when she is not there any more.

.....and on that note I think I'll go and drown my sorrows in a nice cup of tea and put my feet up for five minutes.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-




14 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely hearty dish for a winter's day. It is sad about the neighbour. I hope the next ones are nice! Hope you headache feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headache has gone thank goodness.
      Yes I shall miss my neighbour as we get on really well.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Looks scrumptious, hope your new neighbours will be nice.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will taste scrumptious too Marlene.
      Very nervous about having new neighbours I must say.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Oh, I so love the look of your stew. I've had no access to my cooker for a couple of weeks now because of my kitchen refurb and I am craving comfort food! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I lived nearer I would offer to bring you some round. I can't even bear the thought of having no kitchen to produce comfort food in this cold weather.
      I hope it doesn't take much longer to finish.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Yes, yummy indeed, especially with the dumplings. Sad about your friends and neighbours selling up, I hope you get some equally nice new neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't eat the dumplings really but I am going to...lol.
      As long as the new neighbours aren't noisy I think we'll be OK.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Here's hoping your neighbours will be as good as your last ones. The stew looks delicious, perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too MM.
      The stew was lovely and DD has gone off with leftovers for her lunch.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. The stew looks delicious, Sheila. The perfect meal for a cold winters day.
    I'm sorry to read you'll be losing your good neighbours but I hope your next ones will be just as lovely. X
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dumplings were good too Jules. I popped them onto the top of the stew and into the oven. They came out golden brown on top and still soft and fluffy on the bottom.
      I'm sure the new neighbours will be lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Have done the whole touching hot pan with bare hands far too many times! Glad to be able to leave comments again...strange things keep happening! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect I'll do it a few more times before I get the message...lol.
      I've been having some strange things happening with my computer too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-