Pages

Followers

Sunday 30 September 2018

Bits And Bobs!!!

There is a lovely smell of roasting lamb with a hint of mint sauce and the onion sauce I have just made wafting around the kitchen this morning.
An early lunch today as we all have things we want to do this afternoon.
I will definitely be making a start on the candle jars today which I couldn't do on Friday as I couldn't find the tape I was going to use to attach the hessian. It was eventually found in a box under the bed yesterday so I am good to go now.

My lovely neighbour kindly gave me some apples from her tree yesterday which got peeled and chopped pretty sharpish and were turned into apple sauce which has gone into the freezer ready for my DDIL's birthday party. She didn't want a buffet type meal so instead we are serving hot beef rolls with horseradish and roast pork rolls with stuffing and apple sauce. Desserts will be a fruit crumble and a syrup and sultana sponge. I also have to make the 100 birthday cupcakes and a small cake to top the cupcake stand.

Thank you to those who have asked how Smudge is getting on. We are still waiting to hear from our vet with regards to his diet and I don't want to alter his food until I have had some feedback from her and I can ask questions.
He does seem to have perked up over the last couple of days though so I am wondering if he had been eating things he shouldn't outside. He is a proper garbage guts and has been known to eat slugs and other nasty things and then lie about looking woeful and expecting you to feel sorry for him...lol.

It's a very grey day today and looks like it might rain so a nice afternoon snuggled up in the sewing room will be lovely.

Hope you all have a nice relaxing Sunday.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Roast lamb’s my favourite. Have a lovely, cosy afternoon, you have a lot of work ahead of you with all those cupcakes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamb is one of my favourites too Cheryl. I never eat it out though....only when I have cooked it myself at home.
      The last time I made so many cupcakes all at once was for DS and DDIL's wedding eight years ago. Lets hope I haven't lost my touch...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a lovely day planned. It’s beautiful here just now but I am changing over the winter and summer clothes and shies today, and nothing is going to stop me!! My only nephew will be married at 6pm this evening in Arizona where he lives and I am so sad that we are not there. Need to wake up early tomorrow to see the photos as they are eight hours behind us in time. Happy crafting with the jars-that’s just my kind of project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely peaceful day Catriona. I hope you got your wardrobe changeover done.
      What a shame you can't be there for your nephews wedding.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Ooh roast lamb, yummy! Good to hear about Smudge, we have to watch Betty like a hawk too, she has a tendency to eat anything as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are disgusting these little doggies of ours aren't they...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Yum to the roast lamb and onion sauce. Hope you had a fun afternoon crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely lunch MM....even if I do say so myself.
      Great afternoon crafting and made a nice change from decorating.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I think I want to come to DIL's party lol. Lots of good food planned! The candle jars sound really pretty. I hope we get to see one when finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be most welcome Sharon.
      Yes I'll show the jars when they are finished.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. It is finally starting to feel a bit like autumn here in SW Colorado/US. I am making cream of mushroom soup to use up some shallots that were starting to get soft and a lot of mushrooms that needed using. At least it started out feeling like I had a lot of mushrooms but they do cook down. I'd bought a huge plastic container of dried mushrooms via Amazon - all Euro in origin. They are tough on their own, even when softened in boiling water, but the broth made is amazing. I made 7 cups and then chopped up the few that weren't still tough.

    I understand about your fur baby. I have a 14 year old male cat (my oldest) who has kidney failure. He's not on anything at the moment and seems to be holding his own. Other than he does this horrible cry every once in awhile and what he actually wants is for me to take him to any number of water bowls until he finds the one he *really* wanted and then drinks. All the same water - all refilled daily but it is whatever his mood is that day. I have a little rescued Doxie that is a garbage gut as well - I have to watch her as she'll literally eat anything but green peas! The food sounds yummy but like way to many people who grew up in the American west I never developed a taste for lamb. Even when in NZ and had the most amazing lamb available I just really didn't like it. Guess it is all that beef rancher blood running through me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello to you in Colorado.
      Oh there is nothing nicer than spending a day in the kitchen making soup. It beats anything you can buy in a can.

      Your poor little cat...bless him. Smudge drinks a lot of water.

      I like my lamb. When I was a little girl it was all my Grandma cooked for Sunday lunch in the Summer with new potatoes, carrots and peas all freshly picked from the garden. Her kitchen used to smell like heaven.
      I do love a good piece of beef too though.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing with everyone. I know everything about you. It's great and it's great.
    ยุโรป

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll happen has it that right now I have breast of lamb...cooking for our tea...I can smell it and along with reading this it's making me very hungry! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-