Pages

Followers

Monday 24 September 2018

The Final Push!!!

Today and tomorrow I shall be wearing my big girl knickers and finishing the last wall in the living room.
The bookcase has at last been moved so I'll be glossing the skirting board this afternoon and getting the wall done tomorrow afternoon. I would have liked to get it done in the mornings but Andy is here, the telly needs moving and heaven forbid he has to forego his dose of This Morning so that I can get done...lol.

It's our week for nice simple meals so DD and I have decided on an omelette with a bit of salad for tonight.....or beans if DD decides that is what she prefers.....I just go with the flow.

When we moved the old tumble dryer on Saturday to make way for the new one we disturbed a tiny mouse who was living inside a car boot liner on top of the old dryer. He or she has now moved into the middle shed where I keep all my veg. I think I had better make some cloth bags when I get the machine out again to protect them.
I really should put a mouse trap in there but I just can't bring myself to kill it. It was such a pretty little thing.

Well there is a bit of washing up to be done and then....on with that flippin' painting.

Have a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be glad when the decorating is finished. I wouldn't want to kill a mouse either, I believe that everything has a right to live, but to me there is one exception - ants! In one of our previous homes I had an ant invasion in the dining-kitchen room which included flying ants too. I was visibly shaking as I hoovered them up from the floor, walls, windows, everywhere and I even knelt down and got them one by one as they came through the tiny hole above the skirting board. My husband was working abroad at the time, so I was on my own and it took me a while to get over how creepy they made me feel. They are the only living thing that I don't feel guilty about getting rid of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Joan yes....ants definitely have to go. Touch wood we haven't had them in the house for a number of years now but the garden is full of them. In fact if they all moved away I swear our house and garden would collapse.
      I have three exceptions to my live and let live policy....ants, wasps and rats. Just the thought of rats makes me feel physically sick and wasps....well if they fly in my house they die.
      Just finished the glossing....hurray.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Hopefully all will go well and the painting will be finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloss painting is finished....thank goodness and just the walls to do today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I wonder if the mouse will become a daddy or a mummy? Best save the odd veg for the little dears! Well done on the decorating...just pop down here next and I'll let you pick your brush! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness....I hope not.
      I'm afraid if I see another pot of paint that I might go slightly mad...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Last bit then it’ll all have been worth while. I’m not good with mice... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Cheryl.....very worthwhile. I am loving the new look.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Aww glad you didn't dispose of the mouse ☺ I get a lot of dispatched one's brought to the back door by one of the cats.I know it's what cats do but it's sad.The older cat has never been a mouser so it was a bit of an eye opener when we got the rescue cat.
    Yay last bit of painting done ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't Chris. It was such a beautiful little thing.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-