Pages

Followers

Monday 17 September 2018

The Weekend!!!

Saturday I spent most of the day on the steps putting the second coat of paint on the biggest wall with the window.
I still wasn't convinced I liked the colour and considered mixing what was left of the darker grey with some of the lighter but then decided that I wouldn't as it looks clean and fresh.....and then what if I ran out before I finished the last wall....nightmare.
I also pressed and hung the new curtains. I love, love, love them.

Sunday I cooked a roast lamb lunch....bad idea as it was a very warm day and the kitchen was as hot as flippin' Hades.
Lunch was very nice though despite the discomfort while cooking it.
After lunch I couldn't bear the thought of picking up a paint brush so DD and I went for a ride out to The Range to pick up a few decorative items for the living room and some candles to start my Winter collection ready for snuggly nights. On the way home we called in at the garden centre where the Christmas department was up and running. Some very nice things but also very expensive......plus we don't need any more decorations. I came away with a set of coasters and a pack of beautiful tissue paper for a crafting project.

Today I am concentrating on laundry to get it all done and in between loads having a good sort out of the kitchen cupboards to see what wants using up over the next few weeks before I start stocking up for Winter.
Tomorrow I am hoping to do the last of the painting and then all the decorating stuff can be put away and I can have a thorough clean through downstairs. Upstairs will have to wait until the weekend as Andy is on nights and will be in bed during the day.

Hope you all had a good weekend and that you have a lovely day today.
Sheila-x- 

4 comments:

  1. Washing day here too, no moans from me though. I remember the days of boiling whites in the wash house, blue bag in the final rinse and then forcing it all through the mangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it has been all go for you, I love a roast lamb lunch. Yes I have noticed Christmas appearing everywhere.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is plenty of decorating to be done here if you need a break lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it's nearly done for you! I still have oodles to finish...and while broadband is not working here...sneaking a hop off some intermittent phone signal at the moment...I really should grab a brush! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-