Pages

Followers

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Thank Goodness For That!!!

Another skirting board ticked off the list.....the worst of the lot as it has radiator pipes running in front of it. I was mighty relieved to get it finished I can tell you.
Now I can get the wall painted with the paler grey and I should be able to get the new curtain pole and curtains up at the weekend and move the bookcase to get at the last wall.

Ruby day today.....yay!!! Her visits on a Wednesday are short and sweet but the highlight of my week. She arrives just before 4pm and we have to start out to drop her home at 6pm but as long as we have time for kisses and cuddles we are happy.

Me poor little Smudge had a bit of a fright this morning. He has a habit of lying at the top of the stairs and when Andy got up in the early hours to use the bathroom he accidently nudged him with his foot. Smudge shot up and went rolling down the stairs from top to bottom. He's not injured thank goodness but a little shaken up and subdued so extra cuddles and maybe a little treat are in order.

.....and that is just about it at Tea Towel Mansion today. Nothing very exciting but that's the way I like it....lol.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Yay for seeing Ruby and getting the skirting board painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my quiet days, sometimes they are productive and sometimes I just play with the dogs and read or knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish I could settle down and read during the day but it makes me feel angsty....like I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing so I have to save it for bedtime....although I do read the papers in a morning.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Short and sweet visits from grandchildren sound perfect to me Sheila. I'd rather say goodbye to Sienna not wanting her to go than half pushing her and Mark out of the door at the end of a very long day.

    Poor old Smudge. I bet he wondered what the heck was happening. Imagine if we woke up to find ourselves rolling down the stairs. Bless him. I expect lots of cuddles will make up for it though. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah....I never want Ruby to go. Now she is older she is such good company and we can sit and talk for hours.....but I do get what you mean.
      Smudge had a quick check over at the vet's this morning and he is fine. He stopped trembling after a big cuddle but the foodie treat topped the cuddles....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Glad Smudge is okay! What a shock for him. Good for you for painting the skirting board. I absolutely hate painting especially as nothing in this house seems straight lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha....I don't think straight edges were invented when this flamin' house was built. I'd like to knock it down and rebuild it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Grandchildren cuddles are wonderful. They make you feel all warm inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-