Pages

Followers

Wednesday 5 September 2018

A Day Off!!!

The wallpapering is finished......hurray!!!
I'm going to take the day off from decorating today as I have some jobs that need doing and also Miss Ruby will be coming after school so I am going to roast a chicken and do all the trimmings for her tea.
Last night my evening meal plans were scuppered by a man knocking on the door to let us know that our electricity would be going off while they located and mended a fault and that it could be off for hours. Andy was dispatched to the butchers shop at the pub in the next village for handmade scotch eggs which we had with some salad and really enjoyed.
The power was off from 6:30pm until nearly 9pm so we could have had the meal I had planned after all but I didn't want to risk the oven going off halfway through cooking.

It looks like it's going to be a warm and sunny day today so I will go and throw the windows open and make a start on something.

Have a wonderful day whatever you are doing.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I made some scotch eggs Sunday which we had for tea with some salad , You cant beat home made no rubbery taste with them , Its sunny here too today glad i wasn't tempted to do my washing when it was raining so i can dry it outside now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually make my own too but they were a really good substitute.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your day off. It's warm and sunny here too. The windows are open and the washing on the line. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a fab day off and got lots done....even some washing dried on the line.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Its raining here and quite cool so I have just lite the stove. Enjoy your time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that we put the heating on on Tuesday when it was wet and cold.
      How is Gerard?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I did a roast chicken today as well with all the trimmings. It's one of the few meals Thomas really enjoys and as it was his first day back at school I thought he deserved it.

    Hope Ruby is enjoying being back at school and likes her new teacher.

    You've been busy with the decorating and painting. There are a couple of rooms that could do with freshening up here but to be honest I just can't stand the thought of jall the mess at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't go wrong with a chicken dinner can you?
      Ruby is loving being back at school. As her school is so small there are two classes in together so she has the same teacher she had last year which is lovely as she really likes her.
      I'd forgotten just how much mess is made when decorating. I'll be glad when it's all done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Yes...yesterday was absolutely gorgeous...today drizzling rain...I made the most of a home day and spent most of it sorting out the garden. Hope you enjoyed your toasted chicken...not yet had breakfast and reading this is making my digestive juices flow! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had had a lovely sunny day for your gardening. It was a teensy bit warm for me and having the oven on didn't help matters...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-